Register Now
Yarik

Scariest game you've ever played?

Outlast is the scariest game I've played. It was a long time ago, although. It's an amazing game, and the best part about it is that there's been a sequel to it. I still need to play it, as I haven't yet.

What about you? What's the scariest video game you've ever played? Did you enjoy it?

Silent Hill the original along with the series as a whole, may have been commercially underwhelming in terms of sales patterns, but they have always been scarier games than the Resident Evil titles. Even those that were somewhat scary back in the day were nothing compared to what Konami pulled off in the Team Silent era in terms of being so frightful.

RE just ain't scary any longer, as the villains are generally stupid or rather tarty looking. You know? Ones like Lady D, or they have you playing as boulder knocker Chris, or knife deflecting Leon. The heroes are generally quite overpowered these days. Jill even flips around like a ninja.

They are just way too tough, so the games end up being too action oriented, which I do not welcome in horror games. It comes across as ridiculous when a horde of zombies suddenly enter a room, right, and they swiftly kill them all, doing these dumb stunts and stuff with their guns.

Am I watching a John Wick movie or playing a horror game? Really, now. I can hardly tell anymore.

But really, though. The knife parrying is so dumb. A chainsaw could easily have gotten through that cheap ass dagger.

What mushrooms did Capcom find out there in Japan to start smoking outside their HQ? Seriously.

I get that RE is cheesy at times. But that's some anime stupidity right there.

I haven't played too many scary games as I am not a big fan of scary games, also scary movies or horror movies either. I did once play Saw The Video Game quite a lot of years ago now but that is the most I have played when it comes to a scary game and would be my scariest.