Register Now
StaceyPowers

Weird geometric glitches in Fallout?

Now and again in Fallout 3 and NV, I get this awful error where I enter or leave a zone, and suddenly there are these large geometric obstructions which appear and block everything from view--like weird blocky "shadows" attached to Dogmeat, or (most recently), a weird blocky orange "shadow" from the sky in Dead Money. Unless I have a save prior to the glitch, there seems to be no way to fix it, and it makes the games unplayable. Anyone know any way to stop this?

Frankly, Bethesda games are notoriously glitchy and it's paramount that you save often (pretty sure the game even recommends to do this). In regards, to that specific bug, I can't remember coming across it and I've spent many, many hours in both those games, as well as their DLC packs. Hope it works out for ya and resolves it self. *fingers crossed*

On 10/6/2018 at 11:40 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If my game didn't crash every half hour or so, I'd almost feel cheated of the authentic Bethesda experience.

This is hilarious and Bethesda studios should know more to do better than giving out glitchy video games.

I haven't played fallout 3 yet though.

I've used that same glitch a few times in my current playthrough of FO3, but to get free repairs I also exit out after taking all the merchant's caps, have him repair everything he's just sold me and then go and glitch the caps back off him.