Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jerlene

Watching older movies.

Do you find it a little difficult to watch older movies? 

My girlfriend and I are this way. We don't like watching older movies because of bad graphics, acting, wardrobe, hair, cinematography, etc. 

Depends on the movie, really. I think some movies that rely on a great story hold up a lot better. For example, 12 Angry Men is still one of my all time favourite movies and that came out in 1957.

I agree. I'm not as picky as my girlfriend. I love movies from the 90's. It's A Wonderful Life is one of my favourite movies, too. If the story is good I'll watch it.

I would never sit and watch an old movie, I mean I'd never choose so. If someone decides that we should see it then i'm in for it. Older movies are so much better than the ones getting released today 😞 That's too sad to think 

I don't mind watching older movies if it was a movie I loved and am able to watch over and over again. For example movies such as Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Home Alone are just a few I can name that I can go back and watch over and over given the chance but there are some movies I just can not go back to that are old movies and it's not because of graphics or anything but because the movie wasn't one I fully enjoyed when I first watched it so going back and watching it again would be me forcing myself to do so and wasting a few hours of my life. Sometimes older movies are the best movies though! They definitely don't make them like they used to, that is for sure!

On 11/10/2018 at 7:02 AM, Jerlene said:

Do you find it a little difficult to watch older movies? 

My girlfriend and I are this way. We don't like watching older movies because of bad graphics, acting, wardrobe, hair, cinematography, etc. 

Honestly the only older movies I could never watch are the ones in black and white. They just irritate me for some reason although I know that's how TV'S used to be back in the non-color television days.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:36 PM, Alyxx said:

As someone who generally only watches old movies, I would have to say I tend to prefer them.

I agree. I find that the older movie concepts are far more unique and unpredictable than the movies that are released nowadays.