Register Now
DylanC

Anyone else skateboard?

I started skateboarding in my teens with a few friends but as I stopped hanging out with 'em, I skateboarded less and less to the point of having a 10 year gap where I never skateboarded at all. I've recently got back into it (I'm 36 now!) and I'm really loving it! I'm by no means an expert, but I've got a few basic moves like ollies, shuvits and power slides down. I'm working on my pop shuvits and kick flips at the moment. Anyone else like to skateboard? How old are you? How long you been skateboarding? What tricks have you got nailed?

I remember when I was younger, I used to hang around with a group of friends who loved skateboarding and got into it myself for a little while. I was no way good at it and ended up on my butt more times than I could count each time I tried, much to the humour of my friends! Since I got older though I have never thought to go back and try skateboarding again. My brother has a skateboard and often practices outside when the weather if nice with his moves and such and seems to enjoy doing it but it's never something I thought to go back to. 

One move I did try to get right over and over was the olly, never managed it though and was lucky I didn't cause myself any serious issues! 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:16 PM, DylanC said:

I started skateboarding in my teens with a few friends but as I stopped hanging out with 'em, I skateboarded less and less to the point of having a 10 year gap where I never skateboarded at all. I've recently got back into it (I'm 36 now!) and I'm really loving it! I'm by no means an expert, but I've got a few basic moves like ollies, shuvits and power slides down. I'm working on my pop shuvits and kick flips at the moment. Anyone else like to skateboard? How old are you? How long you been skateboarding? What tricks have you got nailed?

When I was a kid I used to skateboard but I have outgrown it. Back in the day, I could do a Nollie shove-it and kick flips.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I was a kid I used to skateboard but I have outgrown it. Back in the day, I could do a Nollie shove-it and kick flips.

Dude, that’s very cool! Nollie shove-its and kickflips are badass! 💪🏼

On 11/25/2018 at 3:11 AM, Jerlene said:

Did you skateboard professionally or something? Or was it just a hobby that you no longer have any interest in?

Never skated professionally, personally. Just a hobby for me and a way to let off some steam.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, UleTheVee said:

I wish I was good enough for skating ..-sigh- nobody can be perfect I guess.

-takes BMX and leaves-

You can do it if you put your mind to it and not be afraid. Just don't try things like grinding rails and skating down very steep hills especially when you are just learning because you can suffer some serious injuries.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:14 PM, UleTheVee said:

I wish I was good enough for skating ..-sigh- nobody can be perfect I guess.

-takes BMX and leaves-

Aye, it’s often mind over matter. I’m sure you can do it if you wanted to. Take little steps and watch lots of videos to get yourself accustomed to the basics. You can do it!

7 hours ago, DylanC said:

Aye, it’s often mind over matter. I’m sure you can do it if you wanted to. Take little steps and watch lots of videos to get yourself accustomed to the basics. You can do it!

Also to add - where a helmet, elbow and knee pads so that he can protect himself from serious harm in the event of a hard fall.