Register Now
kingpotato

Sonic Franchise

On 6/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, killamch89 said:

I like the first set of Sonic Games but I feel that the series suffers from stagnation in terms of repetition - the series has never really managed to re-invent itself like Mario, Zelda and other series that came out during that era.

I dont think it can anymore, we have to give it to SEGA they tried so many things and none of them work so is just safe to say that Sonic only works for running in 2D.

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I dont think it can anymore, we have to give it to SEGA they tried so many things and none of them work so is just safe to say that Sonic only works for running in 2D.

They still haven't tried Sonic Robot Wars! 🤣 In all seriousness though, you are absolutely correct and it would still appeal to some hardcore Sonic fans but for players like me, it would grow boring really quickly.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They still haven't tried Sonic Robot Wars! 🤣 In all seriousness though, you are absolutely correct and it would still appeal to some hardcore Sonic fans but for players like me, it would grow boring really quickly.

I would like to see that game 😂

On 7/6/2019 at 1:30 PM, killamch89 said:

Or maybe Sonic Go-Kart Racing with Ugandan knuckles and shadow! 🤣

Dude I would totally play that if Ugandan knuckles would mock you every time you get of course : DO YOU KNOW THE WAY

On 7/6/2019 at 6:56 PM, The Blackangel said:

I had a hard time seeing a difference between Sonic 1,2,&3. They all seemed like the same game, just different courses in each level.

Yeah basically any "good" Sonic game is the same, maybe thats the reason why Sonic never evolved.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:57 AM, killamch89 said:

I like the first set of Sonic Games but I feel that the series suffers from stagnation in terms of repetition - the series has never really managed to re-invent itself like Mario, Zelda and other series that came out during that era.

At some point it even feels like we are doing the mario all over with sonic skin on it. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

At some point it even feels like we are doing the mario all over with sonic skin on it. 

Mario is a more diverse character with several more skills such as being a doctor as well while all sonic is known for is running really fast.

16 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah basically any "good" Sonic game is the same, maybe thats the reason why Sonic never evolved.

Very good point although to be fair, what else can you do with Sonic? I mean he is a hedgehog that runs ridiculously fast - not many other things you can add to that.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Very good point although to be fair, what else can you do with Sonic? I mean he is a hedgehog that runs ridiculously fast - not many other things you can add to that.

True, any other option he had for a different game play has already been done, 3D, racing, flying , sports etc.

51 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True, any other option he had for a different game play has already been done, 3D, racing, flying , sports etc.

Not only that but he'd feel pretty out of place in most other genres of gaming so it wouldn't appeal to many other people.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not only that but he'd feel pretty out of place in most other genres of gaming so it wouldn't appeal to many other people.

Thats correct, we already saw that happen when they gave him a sword or when they made him a werewolf.