Register Now
DarthHazard

Reviews

How much do reviews affect your decision whether to get a game or not? Would you not buy a game from a favourite developer/game series if it got some bad reviews?

The one developer that I will not care about reviews for is definitely Rockstar. When they release a game, I know that it will be of the highest standard so I honestly wouldn't need a review to know that I should get the game. 

I used to say what you said about Rockstar about Bethesda lol. Not that I ever expected quality, but I always expected I would like it. 

Now I won't buy anything from anyone without a review. Even new Sims 4 expansions I watch/read a review on them first. I have just been burned too many times I suppose. 

I've found I like to watch/read a variety of reviews from different reviewers too. Just because not everyone looks for the same things out of games, and I've found that my interests are pretty particular lol. So I like to get the full story on something before I'm gonna spend my money on it. 

As a reviewer myself I tend to avoid reviews for games I am interested in since in most cases, they don't really affect my decision that much. And I would much rather give an opinion that is my own of a game than give someone else's opinion.

Edited by Alyxx