Register Now
StaceyPowers

Favorite classic PC games?

12 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Doom is a classic for a reason lol

I have to agree with this, haha!

No game can become timeless without a special reason for it. But, I have to be honest and say that I don't know what is the most important reason that make DOOM so special (but it is, haha)!

Edited by Shine_Spirit

3 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I have to agree with this, haha!

No game can become timeless without a special reason for it. But, I have to be honest and say that I don't know what is the most important reason that make DOOM so special (but it is, haha)!

Gamers do love Doom. They get hooked up on it like they haven't seen anything like it in the past. It's such a great classic PC game. 

On 1/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, Cleopatra92 said:

My favorite PC games when I was little were probably Pharaoh, Caesar II & III, Zoo Tycoon, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and, of course, The Sims 2.

Other than Caesar II, I still play most of these at least once a year lol

The Sims, Rollercoaster, Tycoon and Ceasar are very good PC classic games. My favorite is the Sims 2, it's such a great game which I'm sure that most people played. 

22 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

Gamers do love Doom. They get hooked up on it like they haven't seen anything like it in the past. It's such a great classic PC game. 

THAT feeling you can't describe speaks for itself. I mean, when a game is so good that you have no words to explain how good it is... THAT game is very important one (no matter how simple it may be).

2 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

THAT feeling you can't describe speaks for itself. I mean, when a game is so good that you have no words to explain how good it is... THAT game is very important one (no matter how simple it may be).

I have come across so many games but my love for Doom is incomparable to any other classic PC games. 

Edited by Anachiwo

Truly, the game is revelation to how good some games can be when it comes to getting ones gaming satisfaction all rounded up and accomplished. 

It was a a result of how good the game Doom was that lead me to introduce it to one of my best friend and till date, it's among his favorite PC games. 

Edited by Anachiwo

I'm still looking for another PC game that would be as good as Doom. I'm not saying that there aren't more good PC games but I'm looking at finding exactly what looks like Doom. 

Edited by Anachiwo

I remember playing the House of Dead game on the DOSBOX and it was definitely one of my good experience and I would continue to check such games like say DOOM. I would say anyone who is into the regular gaming should consider this classic PC game. Another good game I remember is Pooyan specific to baloon shooting. 

11 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

I'm still looking for another PC game that would be as good as Doom. I'm not saying that there aren't more good PC games but I'm looking at finding exactly what looks like Doom. 

I recommend Blood. Has more of a horror feel to it but definitely draws upon some of the same inspiration (Evil Dead/Army of Darkness).

Another good I'd recommend is the 1947 tank game. That game seems to be better for those who like combat and want to play with multiple players. It seems a bit difficult in harder modes but it can be fun playing. I think arcade games can be fun playing into the emulator too  so maybe you should check out the tank specific games. 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:07 AM, Anachiwo said:

I understand you, haha! By the way, there are very good good PC games... But the fact is, DOOM is such a classic game, that have to find another one as good as it is a very complicated task, haha!

DOOM and Shadow Warriors definitely have some value. And they seem to be golden classics. Some of the good games such as the racing games in the past were good games that are not that easy to find back these days. I may also say some of the old classic are ported to the Android games lately. And it seems to be definitely a good games worth having in the list as well. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:51 AM, skyfire said:

DOOM and Shadow Warriors definitely have some value. And they seem to be golden classics. Some of the good games such as the racing games in the past were good games that are not that easy to find back these days. I may also say some of the old classic are ported to the Android games lately. And it seems to be definitely a good games worth having in the list as well. 

It's amazing to see how popular DOOM is still nowadays, haha! My only "regreat" about this game (and it's not related to the game itself, but to the story) it's because the live action movie (with The Rock)... Oh my, what a terrible movie, haha!

On 2/9/2019 at 11:46 PM, killamch89 said:

Worms Armageddon was pretty fun to play with its funny sound effects and cheesy background music.

Worms Armageddon is very good. I can remember very how often I used to play the game, it shows how time flies and other new games replace our first ones. It's just so funny but good at the same time.