Register Now
StaceyPowers

What would you be looking for in a future Bioshock game?

I didn't actually know this before, but there are rumors that Take-Two is developing a new Bioshock game (I think those rumors have been around for almost a year now).

It seems hard to picture Bioshock without Ken Levine, since my understanding is that he has always been the series' creative heart. Attempting Bioshock without him seems ... odd, but I suppose it could be done well if it stays true to his philosophical and political spirit. 

What would you be looking for from a new Bioshock game? Do you think there should be another?

I think there *could* be room for another succesful Bioshock game. I think the key would be to have a killer narrative, eerie atmosphere and solid shooting like the first title and Infinite. The unsettling political themes could be topical right now, too, with all that’s going on in the world. Being developed without Levine will be a hurdle, though. Perhaps they could get him on board as a producer who could give them some of his ideas perhaps?

Edited by DylanC

I think they make more strong storyline and make it a bit more horror. Because you know lack of storyline and losed ends on the plot often makes game easy to forget. That's what happened to second game. I think they will surely plan something about it and decide on the path they want to take. These days more and more gamers want better story if there are campaign level type games. 

On 2/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, skyfire said:

Because you know lack of storyline and losed ends on the plot often makes game easy to forget. That's what happened to second game

I've heard a lot of people say the second game is weaker. I'm soon to finish my first playthrough on Bioshock 1, so I'll be playing 2 soon. I'm still looking forward to it, regardless. It's hard to say no to more time in Rapture.

Yes if you like the first then definitely play the second. Second is good in terms of graphics though. Something first one lacked on some points. But overall both games are good for those who want plot. Hopefully third one has both plot and that survival chill as well. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes if you like the first then definitely play the second. Second is good in terms of graphics though. Something first one lacked on some points. But overall both games are good for those who want plot. Hopefully third one has both plot and that survival chill as well. 

Even though graphic quality obviously has been lower for 1, I’m still pretty impressed with it considering its age. The art is beautiful, regardless. Almost done now. I think I’m about to proceed to the final battle.

Yes the basic concept in the 1st one was good. The under water city that has some wreckage and experiments down below yet the person moves comfortably around. And the chill of survival. But yeah as you said, graphics was still decent for that time.