Register Now
DylanC

Which consoles did you buy on launch day?

I love buying new gaming hardware. Sometimes, however, I’m too broke to buy a new console so have to wait a bit before pulling the trigger. Luckily, I’ve bought a few consoles at launch as I’ve pretty much worked since I was 18 in some shape or form. It’s a real buzz getting a brand new console on the day it launches, right? Here are the consoles I’ve bought on launch day:

PS3

PS Vita

PS4

Nintendo Switch

As you can tell, most of these consoles are pretty modern as I didn’t have the cash when I was younger. What consoles have you bought at launch? Or do you prefer waiting a bit first?

12 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Personally I prefer waiting. On launch day they're always more expensive, but if you wait several months, maybe even a year or more, then the price will be reduced quite a bit. Also after that time there will be more games available.

Aye, you’re right. I think that’s the sensible thing to do. That said, if you’re lucky and have some disposable income and want to get in on the ground floor, there’s a nice buzz to be had getting a new piece of hardware when it launches imho. But your reasoning is sound and I’ve also definitely waited a while before buying many of my  consoles.

The only one I even got on launch was the PS3 and I didn't regret that decision because I had bragging rights among my friends back then being that we were all Sony fanboys. It served me a good 5 years before I seriously got into PC gaming and I've never really looked back.