Register Now
DylanC

Games you regret buying

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Here is one I regret buying, but not because the game sucks. Dark Souls 2, the game keeps asking me for an update every time I try to play it, I'm not sure if the disc has a problem or maybe my Xbox 360 console but the update will always take around 20 minutes it will make my console restart 1 or 2 times . the game cost me 2 dollars, but I regret not getting a more updated version to avoid this kind of problems

Dark Souls being difficult even when you're not playing it. 🤣

2 hours ago, Alyxx said:

That's just kind of modern gaming in a nutshell though...

To be honest, what @kingpotato just described goes beyond just modern gaming. I've encountered this very same issue with android phones and tablets before so it is more of a modern technological trend - a pretty stupid one though...

57 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Dark Souls being difficult even when you're not playing it. 🤣

To be honest, what @kingpotato just described goes beyond just modern gaming. I've encountered this very same issue with android phones and tablets before so it is more of a modern technological trend - a pretty stupid one though...

True, I mean having to update a game is fairly common and normal, but with this game I have to do it every time I enter the disc. I'm not really sure what the problem is and when I play the game offline it still nags me asking for that damn update its annoying.

46 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True, I mean having to update a game is fairly common and normal, but with this game I have to do it every time I enter the disc. I'm not really sure what the problem is and when I play the game offline it still nags me asking for that damn update its annoying.

Have you ever tried to find a solution on the Microsoft forums or any other gaming forums for that matter?

Just now, killamch89 said:

Have you ever tried to find a solution on the Microsoft forums or any other gaming forums for that matter?

Its something about the update itself, probably the disc is fine but this issue doesnt happen on PS4 so thats why I regret getting the game on the Xbox 360

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Its something about the update itself, probably the disc is fine but this issue doesnt happen on PS4 so thats why I regret getting the game on the Xbox 360

To be honest, now that I'm thinking back, I do vaguely remember another Xbox 360 game suffering a similar issue and there was a couple articles about it so it could have something to do with how the game was coded.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, now that I'm thinking back, I do vaguely remember another Xbox 360 game suffering a similar issue and there was a couple articles about it so it could have something to do with how the game was coded.

Its kinda weird, its like the console its not keeping/saving the updates. Every new game that I get for the 360 will always ask me to update, or if I havent played the game in a while it will also ask me to update but this usually takes 2-5 minutes if it needs to restart itself. Its not my connection either I already tried plugging in the ethernet cable and the result is the same.

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Its kinda weird, its like the console its not keeping/saving the updates. Every new game that I get for the 360 will always ask me to update, or if I havent played the game in a while it will also ask me to update but this usually takes 2-5 minutes if it needs to restart itself. Its not my connection either I already tried plugging in the ethernet cable and the result is the same.

Do you know if other people with Xbox 360s had the same issue?

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Do you know if other people with Xbox 360s had the same issue?

Some do have the same issue but nothing that didnt get fixed after a few updates, and some of the threads are years old so I cant say for sure. In the mean time the game is just collecting dust.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Some do have the same issue but nothing that didnt get fixed after a few updates, and some of the threads are years old so I cant say for sure. In the mean time the game is just collecting dust.

Well, I guess you're going to have to give it the "Ol' Yellow" Treatment...

On 10/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, The Blackangel said:

Maybe it's just my hearing, but I can't make out a single word they're saying in the actual movie clip.

Most Southern accents I can't make out either.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, kingpotato said:

Meh.. I will just keep it and hopefully I will find a solution soon

So no shooting it with a rifle? Boo!