Register Now
kingpotato

Monster Hunter World ?

Have any of you guys played Monster Hunter World and would you recommend it ?

I played it on my 2DS and I enjoy it, but when I played it the first time on a Wii I got bored so fast, the game is based on grinding so grinding while sitting in the same spot for hours was very tiresome. But Monster Hunter World looks very nice and tempting but I'm not sure if its worth it, I intend to play single player only.

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Have any of you guys played Monster Hunter World and would you recommend it ?

I played it on my 2DS and I enjoy it, but when I played it the first time on a Wii I got bored so fast, the game is based on grinding so grinding while sitting in the same spot for hours was very tiresome. But Monster Hunter World looks very nice and tempting but I'm not sure if its worth it, I intend to play single player only.

It's an awesome game but very difficult to get into. It will take a bit of patience (then again I am a somewhat patient person at times...) to get the basics down including crafting among other things. The learning curve is steep but once you get over it, you can't get enough. The unique thing about this version is that the monsters tend to interact with each other (mainly fighting unless they belong to the same group). Sometimes I like to do a bit of commentary when the boss monsters encounter each other and start duking it out. You can then just jump in and finish the winner without having to do much work.

17 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's an awesome game but very difficult to get into. It will take a bit of patience (then again I am a somewhat patient person at times...) to get the basics down including crafting among other things. The learning curve is steep but once you get over it, you can't get enough. The unique thing about this version is that the monsters tend to interact with each other (mainly fighting unless they belong to the same group). Sometimes I like to do a bit of commentary when the boss monsters encounter each other and start duking it out. You can then just jump in and finish the winner without having to do much work.

Yeah I already went through the learning curve with the Monster Hunter 4 3DS so it shouldn't be a problem. Now my question for you is, is it worth it as a single player only ? Like many monster hunter games they are made with multiplayer in mind, but the difference is that I will have to pay a monthly Playstation subscription and I really dont want to do that. Thank you

16 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah I already went through the learning curve with the Monster Hunter 4 3DS so it shouldn't be a problem. Now my question for you is, is it worth it as a single player only ? Like many monster hunter games they are made with multiplayer in mind, but the difference is that I will have to pay a monthly Playstation subscription and I really dont want to do that. Thank you

I forgot to mention that unlike previous Monster Hunter games, you have to do the same quest twice as the single player and multiplayer quests are combined so I do think you'd need the Playstation subscription to get the most out of this game.

Just now, killamch89 said:

I forgot to mention that unlike previous Monster Hunter games, you have to do the same quest twice as the single player and multiplayer quests are combined so I do think you'd need the Playstation subscription to get the most out of this game.

Thats good to hear, I was worried I had to depend on the Playstation subscription to really enjoy the game. Is not that I hate multiplayer its more like I'm broke xD

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Thats good to hear, I was worried I had to depend on the Playstation subscription to really enjoy the game. Is not that I hate multiplayer its more like I'm broke xD

I understand man but once you can afford it, you should really get the game - it is fun. A few months back I and a couple of people in my party were betting on a 3-way boss monster fight. It was hilarious how we were about to ambush one and out of nowhere the other two showed up. I was like I think I'll sit this dance out until they're finished 😂

I couldn't get into it. I get overwhelmed easily with all the crafting and fighting sequences you hav to memorize. I play different games off and on, so I hate having to go back and remember everything. I grew up playing Nintendo. You put in the game, and you got button A and B. I did 2 monster hunts and that was enough. I spent more time creating a hot character that I barely even get to enjoy in gameplay.