Register Now
kingpotato

Robert Pattison is the New Batman

15 hours ago, DylanC said:

This is super interesting, if true:- 

Pattinson Tested Poorly as Batman, Nicholas Hoult Steps In 

https://www.sausageroll.com.au/entertainment/pattinson-tested-poorly-as-batman-nicholas-hoult-steps-in/

Really Pattison the safer choice ? how many actors they interviewed ? I really hope that I'm wrong and hopefully I'm overreascting but I had the same though about Affleck and well his Bruce Wayne wasnt bad but his Batman was very meh...

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Really Pattison the safer choice ? how many actors they interviewed ? I really hope that I'm wrong and hopefully I'm overreascting but I had the same though about Affleck and well his Bruce Wayne wasnt bad but his Batman was very meh...

Crazy, huh? I guess his name holds so much weight and he has such a big fanbase that the studio indeed sees him as a “safer” choice. I wasn’t too fussed on Batfleck either. I got a bad feeling that Pattinson will somehow be worse than Affleck. Hopefully not, though.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:21 AM, DylanC said:

Crazy, huh? I guess his name holds so much weight and he has such a big fanbase that the studio indeed sees him as a “safer” choice. I wasn’t too fussed on Batfleck either. I got a bad feeling that Pattinson will somehow be worse than Affleck. Hopefully not, though.

I guess you are right about the fanbase he is a more well know actor, the other actor on the list I think it was Nicholas Hoult who to be honest I had to google his name, I remember his face in many movies but I couldnt remember his name 🤣 he is a good actor though.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure how to feel right now - the cynic in me says he'll flop because his persona doesn't really fit the role but a small part of me says to wait and see.

We all want to wait and see, many people where wrong about Heath Ledger and he turned out to be the greatest Joker. 

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The good news in some way is that they have confirmed that the movie will not be an origin story but it will be the first years of Wayne as Batman.

Heath Ledger was a great Joker. There's no argument there. But you can't count out Jack Nicholson as one of the best. He's right up there with Ledger. They both brought their own view of insanity to the character, and made their roles unforgettable. The best line Nicholson delivered, in my opinion, was "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" It's hard to top that one.

44 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Heath Ledger was a great Joker. There's no argument there. But you can't count out Jack Nicholson as one of the best. He's right up there with Ledger. They both brought their own view of insanity to the character, and made their roles unforgettable. The best line Nicholson delivered, in my opinion, was "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" It's hard to top that one.

I actually thought Heath Ledger’s Joker was massively overrated but, hey, I know I’m very much in the minority there. No disrespect to those who loved Ledger’s Joker, he’s a great actor, but he just didn’t fit the Joker role for me. It just felt fake to me tbh. I’m *all* about Jack Nicholson - he really does the mad thing very well. Furthermore, I’d love to see the much rumoured old man Michael Keaton “Batman” movie that’s been making the rounds come to fruition. That’d be rad.

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

We all want to wait and see, many people where wrong about Heath Ledger and he turned out to be the greatest Joker. 

You have a valid point there - I wonder what kind of voice training he will undergo because his voice tends to be on the lighter side and Batman tends to have a somewhat deep voice.