Register Now
StaceyPowers

Portrayals of war in video games

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I used to be an avid player but the monetization scheme of the game is what drove me away from it.

Yes I can see what you mean. I just like the funny chibby stuff because of the comic aspect of the game. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes I can see what you mean. I just like the funny chibby stuff because of the comic aspect of the game. 

Yeah. It is hilarious watching the wars and the faces the leaders of the respective armies make depending on the situation.

On 7/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, The Blackangel said:

The thing with that, is that movies and games portray war in a glorified way. They don't show what is actually happening on the front lines. They don't show what the soldiers go through during, and after their time is up. The emotional strain on a soldier, lasts for the rest of their life. Some are so damaged they spend the rest of their life doped up. Many end up homeless because they can no longer hold down a job. That's my main reason for absolutely despising those kind of games.

True reality is not pretty like in the movies.

The worse part of war is becoming a POW. I don't know of any battles or war in a game that emphasizes torture. So we can throw images around and blow things up. Swing swords or have battle simulations. But it's all impersonal. Best portrayal of war would be the torture involved. You can have 100 tanks rolling and shooting. But it will never say more than lining people up and hacking at them. Whatever war befalls in the near future, you can guarantee Nazis will be involved. Don't get taken alive!!!