Register Now
StaceyPowers

Lines from video games you say constantly IRL

On 6/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, StaceyPowers said:

For me, there’s this line that your character says constantly in Dragon Age: Origins if you pick the “aggressive” voice: “Let me get you a ladder so you can get off my back!” I find myself saying that at the slightest excuse day in and day out.

It was a cute line. I would have liked it even better if the PC hadn't felt the need to repeat it every single time you hit the "attack" button. Or any other button, for that matter. I think there was even a reference to it in DAI, if I recall correctly 

In the Ace Attorney franchise, there's a line associated with Miles Edgeworth that goes something like, "You're not a clown, you are the entire circus!" I can't recall if he actually says it in any of the games or if it was just something the fans made up, but I've definitely used that one to jokingly insult my friends on multiple occasions.

6 minutes ago, staticradio725 said:

It was a cute line. I would have liked it even better if the PC hadn't felt the need to repeat it every single time you hit the "attack" button. Or any other button, for that matter. I think there was even a reference to it in DAI, if I recall correctly 

In the Ace Attorney franchise, there's a line associated with Miles Edgeworth that goes something like, "You're not a clown, you are the entire circus!" I can't recall if he actually says it in any of the games or if it was just something the fans made up, but I've definitely used that one to jokingly insult my friends on multiple occasions.

I like that Ace Attorney line!

And YES, the repetition of the ladder line was so annoying. I almost started over to pick a new character voice just to get her to stop saying it hahah. But I guess it wore me down. So, to cope with my annoyance, I started saying it.