Register Now
skyfire

Switch Lite worth buying?

I haven't as of yet purchased a Switch Lite but I have been toying with the idea if I am honest. At the moment I still have the first release Nintendo Switch with the dock and also the handheld way you can use it but it can be quite a pain to take out and about to game on the go. I would love to jump on the Switch Lite when I am able to just so that I have one that is more compatible as a on the go console and also the one that can be used on the TV. 

If you prefer to play your Switch on the go and love handhelds then it's definitely worth getting a Switch Lite. My wife loves handhelds, she always prefers to play Pokemon on the go so she was happy when I got her a Switch Lite. Plus it's cheaper too, the only downfall is if you get stick drift you have to take the entire handheld apart to fix it whereas on the normal Switch you can easily just take apart the joy cons without having to worry about disassembling the whole Switch.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:00 PM, Ravenfreak said:

If you prefer to play your Switch on the go and love handhelds then it's definitely worth getting a Switch Lite. My wife loves handhelds, she always prefers to play Pokemon on the go so she was happy when I got her a Switch Lite. Plus it's cheaper too, the only downfall is if you get stick drift you have to take the entire handheld apart to fix it whereas on the normal Switch you can easily just take apart the joy cons without having to worry about disassembling the whole Switch.

Yeah - I think the Lite is a suitable alternative for someone who wants more of a pure handheld experience/Gameboy replacement. It's also more compact - but I still love my OLED Switch.