Register Now
kingpotato

Dead Space 2 small opinion.

I finished Dead Space 2 last week, it was the first time I played a Dead Space game, for some reason Game stop had the first game at 8 dollars and this second one at 2.50 so getting Dead space 2 was my choice 😆. Any way, the game is very good survival game, it has a horror, a good atmosphere and excellent gameplay, the story was a little confusing because there isnt like a specific goal to follow, still the game has an excellent physiological side and your character gets more and more paranoid or schizophrenic as the game progresses due to the experiences of the first game.

The only thing that I hated was the final mission , the end of the story is great but the actual mission is very lame, through out the game you are basically told that there is a smart way to avoid or end quickly a conflict, on the final mission there is no way to avoid damage, enemies will come from all sides and there is no end to them, even if you go fully armored and with a bunch of bullets and med kits you are going to get heavily damaged no matter what, so is more like spraying bullets to make your way through the last mission which takes away a lot of the survival atmosphere that the game had.

What are your opinions on the Dead Space franchise ? 

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I finished Dead Space 2 last week, it was the first time I played a Dead Space game, for some reason Game stop had the first game at 8 dollars and this second one at 2.50 so getting Dead space 2 was my choice 😆. Any way, the game is very good survival game, it has a horror, a good atmosphere and excellent gameplay, the story was a little confusing because there isnt like a specific goal to follow, still the game has an excellent physiological side and your character gets more and more paranoid or schizophrenic as the game progresses due to the experiences of the first game.

The only thing that I hated was the final mission , the end of the story is great but the actual mission is very lame, through out the game you are basically told that there is a smart way to avoid or end quickly a conflict, on the final mission there is no way to avoid damage, enemies will come from all sides and there is no end to them, even if you go fully armored and with a bunch of bullets and med kits you are going to get heavily damaged no matter what, so is more like spraying bullets to make your way through the last mission which takes away a lot of the survival atmosphere that the game had.

Absolutely love the Dead Space series -- even the often maligned third entry. I think the first one is the best imho but the second and third ones are pretty damn good too. I'd love to see EA return to the franchise with a fourth installment. I'd lose my mind if that happened! Sadly, the studio that developed the game -- Visceral Games -- was shuttered last year. Still, could be picked up by another developer, I guess. Here's hoping!

On 8/21/2019 at 3:47 AM, kingpotato said:

It's a shame EA did away with Visceral Games because I absolutely loved the Dead Space Franchise. Even the third one wasn't as bad as people made it out ot be although the microtransaction thing was a slimy move by EA.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:19 AM, skyfire said:

First one is better for canon reasons. But that being said, 2nd is not bad either. I just get tired over second one quickly though. 

You probably liked the fact that the first Dead Space introduced us to a brand new world and an interesting story but I would sya the second one was slightly beetter because they took what made the first game great and improved upon it.