Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

For the first time in ages, I played some Among us with my friends and I won almost every impostor match. I was selected to be Impostor 4 times in a row! I won the first three but they voted me out first in the fourth game.

Tried to get to rank FUJIN in Tekken but it's so hard lol. These people are real sweats - I swear. I just can't get out of Flame Ruler at the moment. One minute I'm near to getting promoted to Battle ruler, the next couple of games later, I'm close to being demoted to Mighty Ruler.

Just finished FFX-2. I was planning to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 next, but unfortunately it seems that those games won't properly read diagonal input from my new 3rd-party controller's analog sticks. Whenever I try to move diagonally, Sora slows to a walk. The games are nearly unplayable with this bug, so I've shelved them until I can get yet another new controller.

31 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

Just finished FFX-2. I was planning to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 next, but unfortunately it seems that those games won't properly read diagonal input from my new 3rd-party controller's analog sticks. Whenever I try to move diagonally, Sora slows to a walk. The games are nearly unplayable with this bug, so I've shelved them until I can get yet another new controller.

Could you please tell me what platform you playing this on and what controller this is? I just want to do a little troubleshooting as I've had a lot of experience with 3rd party controllers and know that there can be solutions to these issues that don't involve having to buy a new controller. On the contrary, I find that that doesn't really work on most occasions.

13 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Could you please tell me what platform you playing this on and what controller this is? I just want to do a little troubleshooting as I've had a lot of experience with 3rd party controllers and know that there can be solutions to these issues that don't involve having to buy a new controller. On the contrary, I find that that doesn't really work on most occasions.

I was playing all of these games on the PS3, and the controller is made by Auroce (never heard of the company before, but the controller seemed really solid and worked for both FFX and FFX-2). I also tried Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption with that controller, and both games worked fine.

20 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

I was playing all of these games on the PS3, and the controller is made by Auroce (never heard of the company before, but the controller seemed really solid and worked for both FFX and FFX-2). I also tried Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption with that controller, and both games worked fine.

I think this is some sort of issue with the game. I've come across stories of similar control issues on both PS3 and PS4. If you haven't done so, try reinstalling the game and, if possible (I don't know if the PS3 is still supported like this) make sure the game and system software is up[ to date.

9 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I think this is some sort of issue with the game. I've come across stories of similar control issues on both PS3 and PS4. If you haven't done so, try reinstalling the game and, if possible (I don't know if the PS3 is still supported like this) make sure the game and system software is up[ to date.

Thanks, I'll try reinstalling the games and see if that fixes anything. I've had the console disconnected from the internet for years and I don't want to update it because of a bug where updating will brick PS3s that have dying bluetooth or wifi parts (and I suspect mine does), but I'll see if reinstalling does anything.

53 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

Thanks, I'll try reinstalling the games and see if that fixes anything. I've had the console disconnected from the internet for years and I don't want to update it because of a bug where updating will brick PS3s that have dying bluetooth or wifi parts (and I suspect mine does), but I'll see if reinstalling does anything.

It should still be possible to download PS3 firmware onto a USB drive using a PC then install it onto the console.

19 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It should still be possible to download PS3 firmware onto a USB drive using a PC then install it onto the console.

Ok, here's how things went: There was no installed data on the HDD for either game beyond save data, so that was a no-go. I did decide to update the console, which thankfully went smoothly, but didn't fix the issue. Both games are on their latest version (pretty sure they were never even updated post-release). I did try plugging my PS4 controller into my PS3, and both analogs worked fine. So it's got to be an issue with that 3rd-party controller. I have a hunch that either when I dropped the controller a couple times, or maybe when I was doing Lulu's overdrives in FFX (which require rapidly spinning the left analog), that stick may have been slightly messed up. Another reason I think this is that the issue seems to only affect the left stick. I'm planning to take it apart and see if any of the sensors came loose.

14 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

Ok, here's how things went: There was no installed data on the HDD for either game beyond save data, so that was a no-go. I did decide to update the console, which thankfully went smoothly, but didn't fix the issue. Both games are on their latest version (pretty sure they were never even updated post-release). I did try plugging my PS4 controller into my PS3, and both analogs worked fine. So it's got to be an issue with that 3rd-party controller. I have a hunch that either when I dropped the controller a couple times, or maybe when I was doing Lulu's overdrives in FFX (which require rapidly spinning the left analog), that stick may have been slightly messed up. Another reason I think this is that the issue seems to only affect the left stick. I'm planning to take it apart and see if any of the sensors came loose.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like the controller. Best of luck with the inspection and be sure to let me know.

Got into some Helldivers 2 with some gaming friends earlier and we had a great session. Playing a game like this with competent teammates is a must in order to be successful in missions.