Register Now
StaceyPowers

Genuinely overpowered enemies?

@Alyxx was reassuring me that the armatures in Mass Effect shouldn't be overly challenging once I have the proper weapon mods. I was relieved, as I had been worrying they were genuinely overpowered.

So, here is a question for you all. What are some enemies in video games that really are stupidly overpowered, so that even with an ideal approach, you still are stuck dealing with a ludicrously tedious situation trying to beat them?

I will say Zeus in God of War 3 in Chaos Mode difficulty, specifically the third part of the battle, Zeus will create duplicates of himself and attack you from all sides, even in Titan difficulty you will still get hit no matter what so you just have to keep punching the clones with the Lion fists (I'm to lazy to remember the names) and with the Spartan shields and arrows, as well as replenishing your health with Gaia's hearth. Its a pain in the ass but doable in Titan mode, but in Chaos mode its just crazy, there is no way to avoid most of the damage so the only way to beat Zeus is by constantly replenishing your health and do random attacks  and hope for the best, it becomes an endurance fight rather than skill.

I was also going to mention the Last Valkyrie in God of War 4, she is far more difficult to beat but she is not unfair.

The Plutonium Boss/Underworld Lord in Blaster Master. That fucker is almost impossible to beat. I've never encountered an enemy like that. The first form (Plutonium Boss) is the mutant looking thing. The second form (Underworld Lord) is the humanoid thing. You don't get healing items in the game either. You can come across health orbs, but you don't have potions or anything that you can take into battle. You have 8 life bars. And if I remember correctly, one hit from the bastard takes 4 bars. So 2 hits and you're screwed.

Bitch. And. A. Half. To. Beat.

Plutonium boss.png

Underworld Lord.png