Register Now
The Blackangel

Most Cliché Enemies

We all know them. Over and over in multiple games we see them. From genre to genre, system to system, game to game. Something that was old when it was new. What is the most cliché enemy that you encounter in gaming? To me it's hands down skeletons, with zombies in a solid second place. I don't even want to try to count the amount of games I've encountered both or either of these in. But can't game developers think of something original? A small tweak on it doesn't count. It's still a skeleton. It's still a zombie.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

We all know them. Over and over in multiple games we see them. From genre to genre, system to system, game to game. Something that was old when it was new. What is the most cliché enemy that you encounter in gaming? To me it's hands down skeletons, with zombies in a solid second place. I don't even want to try to count the amount of games I've encountered both or either of these in. But can't game developers think of something original? A small tweak on it doesn't count. It's still a skeleton. It's still a zombie.

The moment I read the title of this post, I thought "zombies and skeletons." I'll also add spiders to the bunch.