Register Now
RedmondG

Sony Weighing Bid for Gaming Firm Leyou Technologies

Sony Corporation is weighing a bid for Hong Kong-based gaming firm Leyou Technologies. Leyou Technologies owns Warframe developer Digital Extremes, Gears Tactics developer Splash Damage, and more.

It would be a good get for Sony. They haven't been as pro active securing devs since Insominac last year so this would be a smart move.

Source: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444314/sony-weighing-bid-for-gaming-firm-leyou-technologies-according-to-sources/

Personally I don't like the Idea of Sony gaining control of Warframe, it's one of if not THE best and fairly monetized FTP game in existence.  I'm not anti-Sony nor am i making any accuastions or assumpions but they, just like any major company, are now in a prime position to fuck that up.

18 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Personally I don't like the Idea of Sony gaining control of Warframe, it's one of if not THE best and fairly monetized FTP game in existence.  I'm not anti-Sony nor am i making any accuastions or assumpions but they, just like any major company, are now in a prime position to fuck that up.

Has sony really messed up any game company they have bought though?

54 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

Has sony really messed up any game company they have bought though?

Not that I can recall. Sucker Punch, Guerrilla and Naughty Dog seem to be doing well under the banner. I'd take time to research to be sure, but a deal with Sony doesn't seem to be the kiss of death EA is.