Register Now
Shagger

Final Fantasy XVI has been announced, exclusive to PS5

It is always an exiting time for JRPG fans when the granddaddy of them all, Final Fantasy, gets a new chapter. No idea at this point when the game will be released, but I suspect we've still got a long wait ahead of us. What we do know is that it will be a PS5 exclusive and this cinematic trailer does suggest something dark and daunting, and that's fine with me.

So, what are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Are you sure this is PS5 only? The announcement at the PS5 event last week said "Console Exclusive".  Which suggests it's coming to PC as well, at least at some point.

I did check before I posted, and this is the article form laptopmag.com that reports Sony has confirmed this isn't coming to PC. It is possible it might come to PC later, but as it stands this is a PS5 exclusive.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

I did check before I posted, and this is the article form laptopmag.com that reports Sony has confirmed this isn't coming to PC. It is possible it might come to PC later, but as it stands this is a PS5 exclusive.

End of video states it's a timed exclusive, so the PC version is likely coming later. 

image.thumb.png.556f26351f11ac7657e781afa043602f.png

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

End of video states it's a timed exclusive, so the PC version is likely coming later. 

image.thumb.png.556f26351f11ac7657e781afa043602f.png

Again, according to the article, Sony said the implied possibility within the announcement of the game coming to other platforms "was in error", and this press release from Square Enix makes no mention of the gaming to PC or any other platform other that the PS5.

Still, I don't take what these companies say at face value and I think you and @Crazycrabare right, and believe this game will find its way to PC at some point.

Edited by Shagger