Register Now
Kane99

I'd like to see the Driver series make a comeback

Maybe the new console gen will give us some new Driver, but I doubt it. I would love to see Driver make a comeback at some point. I grew up with the Driver games. Even though Driver 1 is notorious for having one of the worst beginning tutorials, I still had a blast playing it as a kid. The graphics, the driving, the car breaking apart, was so awesome to me as a kid. Today though, the first two games are awful to look at lol. But, it was the PS1, and it was to be expected. 

And hey, Driver 2 I think was the first 3D driving game that allowed you to exit your vehicle and enter another. People seem to always claim GTA III did it first. Sure, they did it better though, I'll give them that lol. I played Driver 2 a lot more than the first game, but oddly enough, I never beat it. I still actually have that save file on a memory card somewhere. No joke. I could probably load it up and be on that last mission where you're chasing a helicopter. I hate that mission and I don't think I ever bothered with it again. 

Anyway, I even enjoyed Driver 3, or shall I say Driv3r. Back then, I thought the graphics were actually not that bad, and the physics of the game was pretty decent too. Of course it was known to be a glitched out mess and clearly wasn't 100% completed, I don't recall having a ton of issues with it though. I remember having a blast shooting the grenade launcher thing, and destroying stuff in houses. If I remember, the physics of the game were pretty decent for a PS2/Xbox game. 

I never really got to play any of the other games. I played a demo for San Francisco one, where you can morph into the bodies of people in other vehicles. I've been looking to get that one for a while to finally play it, as I hear it's a really good game. Hell, why not remaster that? I don't even know who owns the series at this point. Last I remember it was Atari, and we all know where they're at now. Pretty sure they sold the series off to another studio. Maybe it was Ubisoft, I forget. 

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

They replaced it by Watch Dogs unfortunately, i would like to see them releasing another game as well, Driver has a special part in my (and lot of people's) gaming careers

Same here, I loved the original Driver but Driver 2 was that game that really hooked me to the series and I'd also like another Driver game. The cars were fun to drive and the cities were quite fun to explore.

I remember playing the demo of Driver on the PS1 and thinking the graphics looked absolutely amazing. How far we've come. I also absolutely loved Driver: Parallel Lines back in the day, which is a game I don't think I've heard anyone else talk about, like ever. Personally I would love a remaster of that one, but unfortunately I think the chances are very slim

On 1/23/2021 at 3:48 PM, Patrik said:

They replaced it by Watch Dogs unfortunately, i would like to see them releasing another game as well, Driver has a special part in my (and lot of people's) gaming careers

I don't know if they outright replaced it, but they moved development to WD instead. There is always a chance they could revive it with a new team behind it. 

2 hours ago, Anders said:

I remember playing the demo of Driver on the PS1 and thinking the graphics looked absolutely amazing. How far we've come. I also absolutely loved Driver: Parallel Lines back in the day, which is a game I don't think I've heard anyone else talk about, like ever. Personally I would love a remaster of that one, but unfortunately I think the chances are very slim

I always thought the graphics looked great too. But I continue to have those feelings about newer games, and those are starting to get outdated graphics wise too. lol. 

3 hours ago, Anders said:

I completed the game in PS2 and replayed it recently in PC, the game is so cool in literally everything, graphics, driving physics (storyline isn't that unique), but i love how you play the game in 2 worlds (after and before the prison)

On 1/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, Kane99 said:

I just had an idea, they should do an HD Remake of the original Driver and Driver 2. Maybe even remaster Driver 3 and fix all the problems it had lol. I'd love to see that happen honestly. 

You can actually play the first 2 Drivers game in up to 4k if you are using emulators, thanks to the upscaling feature in AMD & Nvidia GPU's, textures will look way sharper and clearer but graphics will remain the same.

Everybody think about GTA as the first open world game ever, But we driver saga fans know the truth. Driver 1 and Driver 2 are the games that changed open worlds car games history. They should come back with a new spectacular Driver. Driver 3 is been the last real "driver", driver parallele lines was fan but not as much the first three driver san Francisco had the new of licensed cars for the first time but it had nothing to do with driver saga.  I hope they come back with a new "Driver 3" with fancy exotic locations like it could be located in 3/4 different cities like Dubai, Tokyo, Sidney... Something spectacular and away from western world so that we European/Americans players can visit in the game those places miles away in real world to us.

22 hours ago, Patrik said:

You can actually play the first 2 Drivers game in up to 4k if you are using emulators, thanks to the upscaling feature in AMD & Nvidia GPU's, textures will look way sharper and clearer but graphics will remain the same.

Oooh, I'll keep that in mind. I might actually do that, as I did that with ESPN NFL 2K5 recently, and it looks glorious in HD. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

Everybody think about GTA as the first open world game ever, But we driver saga fans know the truth. Driver 1 and Driver 2 are the games that changed open worlds car games history. They should come back with a new spectacular Driver. Driver 3 is been the last real "driver", driver parallele lines was fan but not as much the first three driver san Francisco had the new of licensed cars for the first time but it had nothing to do with driver saga.  I hope they come back with a new "Driver 3" with fancy exotic locations like it could be located in 3/4 different cities like Dubai, Tokyo, Sidney... Something spectacular and away from western world so that we European/Americans players can visit in the game those places miles away in real world to us.

Oh for sure. I remember reading an article proclaiming GTA 3 was the first open world game in 3D where you could get out your car. And I just was like, nah uh bro, Driver 2 was the first open world game where you could leave your car. You couldn't do anything while on foot, but you could go to another car. I remember thinking that was so cool. 

Driver 3 was royally bad for being a broken mess, but I still loved the game. They need to remaster it somehow. I'd pay to see it built to its full potential.