Register Now
Kane99

Gamefly still popular?

Does anyone here still use Gamefly to play games? I subbed to their service many moons ago, and loved the service, but as games are becoming more digital these days, I never saw a point in subbing to gamefly again. Do they have a good selection of games to rent from today? I haven't used them since 2009 or so. I think that's the last time I registered lol. 

Is it even worth subbing to Gamefly these days? Or any rental service? 

I think it still is, I somehow still see TV ads for them when I view shows on Sling/Hulu - so not sure if their targeting is more precise now or what. I can only imagine though how many people really can beat a game within the timeframe they give you. It's a good concept, but in reality might be good for someone who just plays singleplayer games from start to finish and then never wants to play it again.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:37 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm going to be honest - I don't remember what Gamefly is(I do vaguely remember that it's some kind of game rental service). It's been years since I've heard this name and totally forgot about them. I thought they'd gone out of business years ago.

Seriously, we're both in the same shoes here with Gamefly as a subject matter. I even had a long time remembering it after reading the headline for a while. 

In 2018, the company had to shut down its streaming services after EA bought the technology behind it.