Register Now
killamch89

It's Official. Marvel Avenger Is A Flop!

1 hour ago, m76 said:

Doesn't look like a 200 million game. If they really spent that much on it that is disgusting. They could've made two new tomb raider games of that budget at least.

Yeah it certainly does not. I think maybe what happened, was that Crystal Dynamics had a game already set up and made, and Square Enix maybe asked them to scrap some stuff and get in microtransactions. I bet that Crystal Dynamics had something special cooking, but then Square Enix got involved more and probably pushed for certain changes to be made. A good 200 million dollar game wouldn't turn out to be like this game. 

They could have made a quality game, but they went wrong somewhere and came up with the game we got today, and it was a disappointment for most. I would have much rather had them make a single player experience instead, where you can have the option for like 4 player co-op or something. Not this loot shooter type game. 

2 hours ago, m76 said:

Doesn't look like a 200 million game. If they really spent that much on it that is disgusting. They could've made two new tomb raider games of that budget at least.

Most Triple A games nowadays are packed with microtransactions and advertisements. They barely put any effort into it and put most basic features behind a paywall and when a game tanks, they wonder why. Stupid really.

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah it certainly does not. I think maybe what happened, was that Crystal Dynamics had a game already set up and made, and Square Enix maybe asked them to scrap some stuff and get in microtransactions. I bet that Crystal Dynamics had something special cooking, but then Square Enix got involved more and probably pushed for certain changes to be made. A good 200 million dollar game wouldn't turn out to be like this game. 

They could have made a quality game, but they went wrong somewhere and came up with the game we got today, and it was a disappointment for most. I would have much rather had them make a single player experience instead, where you can have the option for like 4 player co-op or something. Not this loot shooter type game. 

I'm not even trying to rationalize where it went wrong. Square Enix makes pretty good RPGs so we know they can put out quality content. It's just that they more than likely thought that Marvel fans would be gullible enough to buy this crap. Due to the fact that most superhero games have flopped since their appearance in the gaming industry, most fans would be highly skeptical of it. So Square Enix needed to put way more effort into the game to appeal to Marvel fans as well as gamers in general. However, they went the cash grabbing route and have made massive losses because of it and they rightfully deserve that.

Not a fan of Marvel since they get on those pandering content changes. So never thought aout playing their games. But surprisingly while watching the marvel specific games, I wonder why some of the other games from marvel did okay  but not avenger in a way we expeced it from infinity stones like success. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

Not a fan of Marvel since they get on those pandering content changes. So never thought aout playing their games. But surprisingly while watching the marvel specific games, I wonder why some of the other games from marvel did okay  but not avenger in a way we expeced it from infinity stones like success. 

One factor is that almost every Marvel game ever produced is produced by different companies so you'll have varying degrees of success.