Register Now
killamch89

EA is absolutely useless

It can be extremely frustrating. When I was looked out of my game. I told them everything I had tried and then they respond (via emal) "Were sorry you are having problems, please try this, this, and this" which was exactly what I wrote in my original email. I sent back an email asking if they had even read my email because they obviously didn't. Eventually they fixed the problem, but with no help from their customer service. Just keep at it and good luck. Hope you get your game figured out.

EA is one platform that I do not use

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Eventually they fixed the problem, but with no help from their customer service.

How did they fix the problem then? Seems a bit of a strange thing to say, "they didn't help me but they fixed the issue." That suggests they did help you. Or am I missing something?

9 hours ago, Zak said:

How did they fix the problem then? Seems a bit of a strange thing to say, "they didn't help me but they fixed the issue." That suggests they did help you. Or am I missing something?

I'm a bit confused myself - I assume he means they eventually fixed the issue with an update/patch but I could be wrong...

What I mean that, Not saying it happens to all games, but rather saying eventually they fixed the problem with a update patch for the game or whatever and yet with no feedback or results from the customer service. But there are some that haven't had a update then again it's no longer supported games.  

Just being Devil's Advocate here, but if you have reported an issue on a popular game, it is likely others have had the same experience and reported the same issue too. Therefore, it is worth assuming they were working on a fix for that issue due to all the reports coming in. So rather than dealing with your specific experience they simply got on with the job of fixing the issue for all who had experienced it and - consequently - for all who would experience it in the future. That seems like a fairly efficient method of dealing with the problem.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, Zak said:

Just being Devil's Advocate here, but if you have reported an issue on a popular game, it is likely others have had the same experience and reported the same issue too. Therefore, it is worth assuming they were working on a fix for that issue due to all the reports coming in. So rather than dealing with your specific experience they simply got on with the job of fixing the issue for all who had experienced it and - consequently - for all who would experience it in the future. That seems like a fairly efficient method of dealing with the problem.

You're correct but I think the whole customer service aspect of it is probably what got to him. It's mainly when they respond to you with a generic email - yes, we know you're looking into the issue but the robotic answer probably gives him the feeling that they don't really care.

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think it is safe to say that EA has reached a point where you can say that they deserve the piracy and lack of sales. 

I wouldn't even waste my time pirating their games because most of them are absolutely crap but I do agree that people need to stop buying their mediocre offerings.

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and kind of games that are hardly even updated in the all process other than few graphics touch up. 

EA has been consistently terrible at maintaining or updating almost every title they've released in the last decade. As you said, their idea of updating a game is a few graphical tweaks and fixing one or two major bugs while overlooking everything else. It's a shame really...

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

I assume this year they have got enough free time to update graphics engine and also make changes for their games. I hope they do that this year. 

Knowing EA, they're probably trying to think of many other ways to milking their consumers. As you've already noticed, they started putting Ads in their games but only removed it after widespread backlash. 

I think GTA once tried the ads through naming the certain places in game, like coke machines and the other brand names were shown considering they sponsored. I don't know if that is unethical or so. But I have no problem if the games make use of such type of ads in-game instead of annoying. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think GTA once tried the ads through naming the certain places in game, like coke machines and the other brand names were shown considering they sponsored. I don't know if that is unethical or so. But I have no problem if the games make use of such type of ads in-game instead of annoying. 

They have been doing that in-game for ages and there's nothing wrong with Rockstar's implementation as it doesn't interfere with your gameplay. EA has actual advertisements popping up in-game that you can't skip.