Register Now
killamch89

AMD 6800 XT vs RTX 3080 Comparison

As I expected, Nvidia would have had the advantage in Ray Tracing and DLSS (which most games still don't use so yeah...) due to the refinements they have made to them. Other than that, they're basically trading blows and with Smart Access Memory enabled, the 6800 XT actually has the advantage over RTX 3080. I'm so happy to see that Nvidia finally has competition. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:39 AM, skyfire said:

Reading a lot of good reviews about the 6800 and it seems like they are taking the market popularity pretty quickly as well. 

They're definitely giving Nvidia a run for their money which is what we wanted all along. Next year when both companies switch to 5nm, those graphics cards are going to be absolutely insane. It's an exciting time for the PC market.

Nvidia wins for most people choices for batter software, drivers and other support as for AMD there aren't even there yet. What I mean by that as most games are made more for Nvidia cards since most development teams have a 2000 series or higher. Then there is OBS nvenc, the encoding on the cards that AMD is near to not getting there. Yes AMD cards are getting their cards to perform higher clocks and speeds but lacking in terms of people that do on their pc.

But AMD won't wil this better, Nvidia are aware of this and they have open there eyes more and they won't be like INtel in this battle. The next series will be even more then the 3000 series. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Nvidia wins for most people choices for batter software, drivers and other support as for AMD there aren't even there yet. What I mean by that as most games are made more for Nvidia cards since most development teams have a 2000 series or higher. Then there is OBS nvenc, the encoding on the cards that AMD is near to not getting there. Yes AMD cards are getting their cards to perform higher clocks and speeds but lacking in terms of people that do on their pc.

But AMD won't wil this better, Nvidia are aware of this and they have open there eyes more and they won't be like INtel in this battle. The next series will be even more then the 3000 series. 

I have to disagree there. AMD's drivers are pretty good and over the lifespan of a graphic card bumps up its performance significantly. I do agree the Nvidia has the better software but Ray tracing and DLSS still isn't widely adopted in games or software so it's pretty much useless.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

software so it's pretty much useless.

Yet we have Geforce, AMD hasn't came up with there own software yet like how geforce experience is.  Wait and see, AMD won't be the king of cards for that long LOL

14 hours ago, Empire said:

Yet we have Geforce, AMD hasn't came up with there own software yet like how geforce experience is.  Wait and see, AMD won't be the king of cards for that long LOL

AMD has had AMD Radeon for years now and they recently released a new version called Adrenalin which is getting rave reviews from tech Youtubers and regular consumers alike.