Register Now
killamch89

Ryzen 5700 U and 5500 U spotted at Geekbench

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't like leaks but seems that 6 cores and 12 threads are a good start. then again expecting to have six cores as a minimum nowadays for most day to day to gaming laptops/desktops. 

I'm going to get my a 5000 series gaming laptop because the ones from Eluktronics are going to come with 1440p 144h refresh rate come next year so I'm excited! Also, more laptop companies are going to start pairing the more powerful mobile GPUs with the Ryzen laptop CPUs.

I think the world has realized the power of the gaming machines and those machines are set as a bench mark for the designers and the developers machine too. so I think AMD CPUs definitely have created a niche here with those Ryzen series. 

On 12/2/2020 at 2:17 AM, skyfire said:

I think the world has realized the power of the gaming machines and those machines are set as a bench mark for the designers and the developers machine too. so I think AMD CPUs definitely have created a niche here with those Ryzen series. 

I think when they have 5nm processors in early 2022, we'll really see some groundbreaking CPU performance and I'm excited for that.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:22 AM, Patrik said:

The issue is that i (and lot of people) still fear laptops that has CPU's with "U" at the end due to intel naming scheme for low power consuming CPU's (they are usually so slow), so i hope i get rid of that lol

Actually they usually have comparable performance to their desktop counterparts so there's no concern on that front...

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually they usually have comparable performance to their desktop counterparts so there's no concern on that front...

Unfortunately that doesn't exist in Intel, 3rd gen i5's scoring nearly the same as 7th gen i7's laptop models LOL

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

Unfortunately that doesn't exist in Intel, 3rd gen i5's scoring nearly the same as 7th gen i7's laptop models LOL

Yeah, I get that part but AMD doesn't try to rip you off half as much as Intel. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for AMD, we'd be talking about another quad-core Intel CPU right now and sighing.