Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you find exploring in games relaxing?

In another thread where I was asking if No Man's Sky is a relaxing game, I was quite surprised when @skyfire suggested it is not, as it is very exploration-based. The reason this surprised me is because for me, exploring in a game is probably the most relaxing activity aside from maybe building stuff. This made me wonder which of us is more of an outlier.

Do you find exploring in games relaxing, or stressful?

I agree with killmach. If you playing task based games then exploring makes sense and often if the environment is explore worthy then it definitely is a relaxing.But imagine if you explore in games like say serious sam where you will find nothing but enemy round the corner. exploring is taxing on your brain. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I agree with killmach. If you playing task based games then exploring makes sense and often if the environment is explore worthy then it definitely is a relaxing.But imagine if you explore in games like say serious sam where you will find nothing but enemy round the corner. exploring is taxing on your brain. 

There's also games like Fallout 4 with a barren wasteland and full of hostile npcs to explore but it isn't very relaxing in the very least. As a matter of fact, the only place I even feel safe exploring is a settlement I built up and even that can be raided so...