Register Now
Kane99

Indie games that have that Triple A feel

For those wondering, Triple A, refers to games made by bigger studios. So think Call of Duty, The Witcher, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, etc. These games would be considered Triple A titles, since they're all made by massive companies. 

But, are there any indie games out there, that have that Triple A feel to it? Like, it may feel like a game made by bigger studios, but in reality, they're made by a small team or something. Are there any indie games that come close to that regard, and are good or even better than some AAA titles? I've love to give indie games more of a chance these days, as the triple AAA games tend to sometimes be broken messes at release. *Cough* Fallout 76 *Cough*, for example. 

I've found that indie games generally focus more on perfecting gameplay mechanics and are therefore more fun. The market is so saturated with Indies that there's a game for every niche and sub-niche. AAA games are like Blockbuster movies. Are Marvel movies the best that Hollywood has to offer each year? Hell no, but they appeal to the masses. 

For me many AAA feel rushed and unfinished. This might be because they were actually rushed, or the project just was too big. Indie games make me feel like I am playing something the developers love to make. It feels like they put a part of themselves into that game.

There are a lot of good AAA games, but the problem is that these games aren't aimed at a particular group. How many people who generally don't play games are playing sports games or Fortnite, COD or whatever. I think good indie games are good because nobody tells the creator how to make the game. The creator can decide this for him or herself

4 hours ago, Empire said:

I think good indie games are good because nobody tells the creator how to make the game. The creator can decide this for him or herself

Yes, this! When you got a publisher shooting down demands all day, you're not going to be able to make the game you envisioned. But, with an indie produced game, it's between you and those devs to focus on making the best game they can make. But, when you have overbearing publishers, who want a different vision, it's not going to be a great time. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

who want a different vision, it's not going to be a great time. 

Reminds me of mudrunner and spintires series games with the publishers/devs. They never on the same page and so they wanted to go their own ways and made their own games.  

20 hours ago, Empire said:

There are a lot of good AAA games, but the problem is that these games aren't aimed at a particular group.

I guess that sort of the diversity will always exist in the gaming or any other industry you can see. And the thing is that games and gamers if are diversified like that things get much improved in the due process.