Register Now
killamch89

Negative Effects Of Gaming

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - that attitude seems to kick in when the player gets frustrated with the game especially when it's playing too much and not making any progress. 

Yeah such frustration eventually develops in everyone's mind. But that should not so intense that you can't even control it. Game is a way of entertainment, we should take that too seriously and take stress. We should act rationale here. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah such frustration eventually develops in everyone's mind. But that should not so intense that you can't even control it. Game is a way of entertainment, we should take that too seriously and take stress. We should act rationale here. 

Seriously - I do not really know or understand why some people would abuse gaming to the point of it becoming an issue for them and even those they associate with. 

On 12/9/2020 at 6:31 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

If your game is stressing you out, move on to another. The whole purpose is to enjoy and entertain, not succumb into a forced repetitive cycle. 

Seriously, some gamers don't really get that. It's actually why there are so many games existing at once. Once you can't have a breakthrough with one, you move on to another. 

16 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Or they might have withdrawal symptoms from not playing perhaps.

That's a sign of addiction and they'd need to seek some kind of therapy. I do know of a few people who are like that irl and it's disturbing to say the least.

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's a sign of addiction and they'd need to seek some kind of therapy. I do know of a few people who are like that irl and it's disturbing to say the least.

Some people are too addicted that they don't even believe it's an addiction any more. It's become a part of them too deep they can't help it anymore. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some people are too addicted that they don't even believe it's an addiction any more. It's become a part of them too deep they can't help it anymore. 

That's why they need professional help - regular methods are ineffective and gaming has become a hindrance to their life rather than a hobby that you enjoy and that makes it problematic.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why they need professional help - regular methods are ineffective and gaming has become a hindrance to their life rather than a hobby that you enjoy and that makes it problematic.

Yeah - definitely seeing a therapist is one good way to the road of recovery for such addicts. I pray I never get to such level. 

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I feel like I've beaten my addiction.  I was tired of my family viewing me as lazy.

That's very encouraging my friend. At least, they now see you like someone with purpose now and not a lazy bum. 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:05 AM, killamch89 said:

Addictions are harmful. Let it be of any type, anything in excess will harm our mind and health. 

When we play games too much, the first thing is affected is our eyes. Second is our mind, which subconsciously keeps on accumulating the data, and later when we try to sleep, it just doesn't let us to.

Whenever we feel that we are getting addicted, we should start taking proper precautions, and give proper rest to our mind and eyes. 😊

Edited by Razor1911