Register Now
Kane99

IGN's Game of the Year 2020

IGN chose Hades as their game of the year in 2020. I'm sure most expected The Last of Us 2, but I was surprised an unknown game has won, at least unknown to me. But, TLOU2 won people's choice game of the year. Do you agree with whom won? 

Here is the winner announcement, but you can view the nominees and other winners down the page. IGN 

6 hours ago, m76 said:

I'm sorry I don't sign up for nostalgia, games that try to mimic games we played in the 90s are the worst of both worlds.

I agree completely. The story or gameplay doesn't even come close to the last of us 2.

5 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Those are hard ones to choose from on the list, and I haven't played any! It only comes down to personal favoritism. 

IGN has never been a creditable site in terms of judging games so we shouldn't be surprised by this list at all.

On 12/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, Kane99 said:

IGN chose Hades as their game of the year in 2020. I'm sure most expected The Last of Us 2, but I was surprised an unknown game has won, at least unknown to me. But, TLOU2 won people's choice game of the year. Do you agree with whom won? 

Here is the winner announcement, but you can view the nominees and other winners down the page. IGN 

I thought it was the other way around. Well it was def something not worth watching, I think gaming awards became to "political" and "Commercial".

On 12/22/2020 at 7:46 PM, m76 said:

I'm sorry I don't sign up for nostalgia, games that try to mimic games we played in the 90s are the worst of both worlds.

Same here.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, killamch89 said:

I agree completely. The story or gameplay doesn't even come close to the last of us 2.

IGN has never been a creditable site in terms of judging games so we shouldn't be surprised by this list at all.

Agreed so much with this!

On 1/1/2021 at 7:13 PM, Shole said:

I thought it was the other way around. Well it was def something not worth watching, I think gaming awards became to "political" and "Commercial".

IGN has always had a strong progressive political agenda - they hate games that don't have any politics and they always kiss the asses of the bigger companies that have them on their payrolls. If you notice, they'll never criticize certain gaming companies no matter how horrible their games are.