Register Now
Kane99

Which CRT TVs are the best for retro gaming?

I have a 27 inch panasonic CRT TV in my closet, and I may be getting rid of it. But I still want to get myself a CRT to play retro games on. I just prefer the look of retro games on the TVs they were meant to be played on. Anyway, do you guys know which CRT TVs are the best when it comes to retro gaming? I heard Sony has a few TVs that are great, but I hear they're very expensive. 

About any Philips TV is great. They were the best and never let me down. When flat screen TV’s came out I made a dumbass move and sold mine to get the money for a flat screen. I regret it now, especially since they’re difficult to find. But if you can find one, snatch it up quick. I can promise you won’t regret it.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:46 AM, The Blackangel said:

About any Philips TV is great. They were the best and never let me down. When flat screen TV’s came out I made a dumbass move and sold mine to get the money for a flat screen. I regret it now, especially since they’re difficult to find. But if you can find one, snatch it up quick. I can promise you won’t regret it.

Yeah, that brand is awesome. I have been using products and I am damn impressed. I have TVs, irons, geysers and all other appliances of Phillips. It will be the best option for retro gaming. 😊

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, that brand is awesome. I have been using products and I am damn impressed. I have TVs, irons, geysers and all other appliances of Phillips. It will be the best option for retro gaming. 😊

Yeah - it's their pressing iron products that I still have at home now which is very well in good working condition for something that I have used more than 10 years. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's their pressing iron products that I still have at home now which is very well in good working condition for something that I have used more than 10 years. 

And it is the best in TV segment. If you are a retro game lover, you can surely do with their TV sets. Though I guess CRT TVs will be outdated for now, better go with OLED or 4k .

31 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

And it is the best in TV segment. If you are a retro game lover, you can surely do with their TV sets. Though I guess CRT TVs will be outdated for now, better go with OLED or 4k .

Yeah, I'm sure it's a very good quality product back then. I knew a lot of families that had it back then. They don't make such things now.