Register Now
killamch89

EA loses Star Wars exclusivity deal with Disney. Ubisoft to develop new open world Star Wars game

Damn in my elation I just realized they gave to Ubisoft...talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'm convinced at this point that Star Wars as a franchise is absolutely cursed. What next? it doesn't work with Ubisoft so they give it to Activision?! (let me stop giving Disney any more ideas). Anyways, we'll see how this goes.

Here's hoping this results in other properties moving away from EA, because I would love to see The NFL take their license elsewhere after the recent years of Madden NFL, or even the various other sports games they released. What other licenses does EA have? 

Even so, I wouldn't trust Ubisoft with Star Wars either. 

Edited by Kane99

On 1/13/2021 at 5:31 PM, Kane99 said:

Here's hoping this results in other properties moving away from EA, because I would love to see The NFL take their license elsewhere after the recent years of Madden NFL, or even the various other sports games they released. What other licenses does EA have? 

Even so, I wouldn't trust Ubisoft with Star Wars either. 

My sentiments exactly.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:50 PM, Shole said:

Oh, from a bad to worse company...I wonder how this will turn out. Why would Disney do that, and why would Ubisoft want to buy the licence?

Ubisoft isn't quite as bad as EA but there isn't much difference between them. Also, Disney has never cared about the Star Wars franchise so they'll just toss it around like a piece of meat.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, skyfire said:

I would love to see what bethesda does with the new series. I am tired of EA as it is and I don't see they being justice for series like this. 

Bethesda depends on their modding community to finish games so I wouldn't hold my breathe if Bethesda had gotten the license from Disney.