Register Now
Kane99

Should Konami sell their games to another company?

Konami hasn't been great in a quite a few years, not since before they blew it with the whole, getting rid of Kojima issue and focusing on stuff like pachinko machines. I don't think they can make quality games anymore, and I don't think they really care to do so. They still churn out some games, but it's not much. I think they only recently released their PES game. But I could be wrong. 

Anyway, what games from their side should they sell off? I'd love to see Metal Gear Solid sold to someone who would do something with it. Same with Castlevania, and Bomberman. There's a lot more I imagine, but these are the ones I would like to see sold to someone else. What do you guys think? 

I Keep saying this but yes they should sell off their franchise. Castlevania can go to the Devil May Cry Department at Capcom, Silent Hill can go to the Resident Evil Department at Capcom and Metal Gear should go back to Kojima because he's the one who built that franchise from scratch and it's his storywriting that make the Metal Gear series such a big hit. Just imagine Castlevania with Devil May Cry mechanics and animations - it would be an instant hit.

I would love to see some new Castlevania games, as it's one franchise that I have loved from the beginning. But the sad fact is that Konami is going to go to the grave holding on to these games. They'll never release them. I'm absolutely positive that they wouldn't even lease them to another studio, let alone sell them. So we're kinda screwed.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I would love to see some new Castlevania games, as it's one franchise that I have loved from the beginning. But the sad fact is that Konami is going to go to the grave holding on to these games. They'll never release them. I'm absolutely positive that they wouldn't even lease them to another studio, let alone sell them. So we're kinda screwed.

Yeah I can't see Konami ever letting their properties go, even for money. Which sucks, because there are so many games they could bring back from the dead, and fans would go crazy for it.