Register Now
Kane99

Johns Hopkins, Mount Sinai turning to virtual rehab and video games to help patients recover from strokes

This is some cool news. John Hopkins and Mount Sinai are working on ways to help stroke patients recover. They are using tele-neurorehabilitation and gamification to help them. No idea what any of those things are, but if it can help stroke victims, more power to it for sure. 

You can read more about how they do this from Fierce Healthcare

I think this is really awesome. If it can actually help people who suffered strokes, and help them regain functions again, that'd be awesome. My cousin had a small stroke when he was in his 30s, and I like to think if he had this back then, he would have recovered a lot faster. 

Truly wondrous news. I'm always excited to see medical innovations with video games. My grandmother passed away a fortnight ago, now unburdened by the stroke she had some years ago that had practically stripped away her ability to do much of anything. I hope this technology can help people like my nan, and give them a fighting chance of having a somewhat better time of things after such a lifechanging ailment.

PS: Sorry to hear about your cousin, Karl. I wouldn't wish such a thing on my worst enemy.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

This is an excellent idea and I hope it becomes more widespread so that society can see that videogames are very versatile tools to improve our lifestyle.

Some people would really argue that such therapy isn't worth it simply because it's linked with video games but I don't really care about what they say.