Register Now
skyfire

Diablo 2 : Resurrected

It seems as though Blizzard are running out of cash if they have to resort to such a safe remaster so soon after the Warcraft III: Reforged debacle, which they somehow managed to muck up. This combined with other crowdpleasing announcements at BlizzConline is quite consistent with other times they've had subscription drops and low reception.

This is still good news, I guess, though as I check my Battle.net launcher now I see the original game isn't for sale, just like Starcraft and Warcraft III. Let's hope there's a toggle for the original game and the new like Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

On the plus side, in checking my Bnet launcher I also came across the Blizzard Arcade Collection which features Blackthorne, who is objectively the coolest character to ever grace a video game. The downside is, because this is Blizzard after all, is that it's part of the 30th Anniversary pack, beginning at £16.79 with the equivilent of pre-order tat. Still, it's better value than it was two days ago.

Edited by Withywarlock
Added new information.

Just read that the system specs has just been released and it's 30GB in size, that's large. I found Diablo 3 on of the most vapid and boring gaming experiences of my life. Button mashing mundanity at it’s worst. Is 2 any different?

I've never played Diablo, but I hear the second one is a fan favorite. As with this remake/remaster, I think it's supposed to be faithful to the original game, just has updated graphics and some fixes I think. 

I might check it out, but I'll wait for a sale first. 😄