Register Now
Kane99

What do you think Remedy will make next?

Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Control. Remedy games have made a slew of great games over the years. But what do you think they could do next? They haven't really done many sequels since Max Payne 2, but could they do a sequel to Alan Wake? Maybe even more of Control? I don't see them working on a new Quantum Break, but ya never know. I think they will create a completely new game. What do you think? 

Also, you can read this article here for more speculation about what they could be doing next - GameIndustryBiz

I'd say they're more likely to make a new Alan Wake because the story doesn't seem quite complete after the ending of the previous game. Max Payne's story is finished in part 3 and the character has moved on with his life so it's unlikely that they'll make another one unless it's with new characters. Control had potential but was a very barebones kind of experience and the gaming community was really divisive about it so I'm not sure about a sequel - at least not yet.

I think the right question to ask is who will Remedy sell out to next 🙄

41 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd say they're more likely to make a new Alan Wake because the story doesn't seem quite complete after the ending of the previous game. Max Payne's story is finished in part 3 and the character has moved on with his life so it's unlikely that they'll make another one unless it's with new characters. Control had potential but was a very barebones kind of experience and the gaming community was really divisive about it so I'm not sure about a sequel - at least not yet.

Remedy sold the rights to Max Payne to T2K (talk about selling out) so they cannot make a Max Payne game even if they wanted to. Max Payne 3 was already developed by Rockstar and it was awful imo.

Edited by m76

28 minutes ago, m76 said:

I think the right question to ask is who will Remedy sell out to next 🙄

Remedy sold the rights to Max Payne to T2K (talk about selling out) so they cannot make a Max Payne game even if they wanted to. Max Payne 3 was already developed by Rockstar and it was awful imo.

Max Payne 3 was pretty chaotic - I'm not going to lie. The gameplay itself was decent but the story was just all over the place - the narrative just felt kind of "forced".

On 3/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, killamch89 said:

Max Payne 3 was pretty chaotic - I'm not going to lie. The gameplay itself was decent but the story was just all over the place - the narrative just felt kind of "forced".

Seriously, I believe that they were just trying to overcompensate and kept butchering the game. I didn't like how it panned out.