Register Now
killamch89

Bethesda Is Officially Part Of Xbox Studios

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think this buy will definitely improve the XBOX gaming ecosystem. More options for them in house and also the more freedom considering microsoft is lot better than Apple on gaming acquisitions. 

That's a valid point. In addition to that, they've acquired some pretty big franchises such as Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Doom which means that other platforms such as Sony will have to probably pay them some kind of fee to have those games on their platforms or something along those lines.

I think Zenimax is quite safe in Microsoft's employ. A lot of studios in the Xbox division have made pretty questionable projects because of the lack of direction come their acquisition, and some studios have flat out died as a result of this. But Zenimax and Bethesda have done fine for years, and while I disagree with a lot of their decisions, they read market demands better than a great many publishers and developers. This is one of the few instances where I think Xbox keeping a hands-off approach might do them well, even if I'm worried about some of their future releases such as The Elder Scrolls VI.

Todd Howard never cease to amaze me with his infamous lines. First is "it just works." and now this - This time I actually believe him because Xbox would be on their case if they were to ever release something as disastrous as Fallout 76.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, Withywarlock said:

I think Zenimax is quite safe in Microsoft's employ. A lot of studios in the Xbox division have made pretty questionable projects because of the lack of direction come their acquisition, and some studios have flat out died as a result of this. But Zenimax and Bethesda have done fine for years, and while I disagree with a lot of their decisions, they read market demands better than a great many publishers and developers. This is one of the few instances where I think Xbox keeping a hands-off approach might do them well, even if I'm worried about some of their future releases such as The Elder Scrolls VI.

I just expect the Elder Scrolls to go back to being a PC exclusive. I really hope they really polish Elder Scrolls VI and don't depend on the modding community to bail them out this time.

21 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I just expect the Elder Scrolls to go back to being a PC exclusive.

That's ridiculous. Why would Xbox, a company that sells consoles, buy a large game publisher (and it's parent company) to not sell one of that companies flagship games on its console? Microsoft have confirmed that some Bethesda IP's will become exclusive to Xbox and Windows PC's, I think we all expected that. Whether this will include The Elder Scrolls VI, I don't know, but why people genuinely believe that Xbox will not sell their shiny new IP's on Xbox is beyond my understanding.

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

That's ridiculous. Why would Xbox, a company that sells consoles, buy a large game publisher (and it's parent company) to not sell one of that companies flagship games on its console? Microsoft have confirmed that some Bethesda IP's will become exclusive to Xbox and Windows PC's, I think we all expected that. Whether this will include The Elder Scrolls VI, I don't know, but why people genuinely believe that Xbox will not sell their shiny new IP's on Xbox is beyond my understanding.

I meant Microsoft Exclusive as in Xbox/ PC. Elder Scrolls is easier to mod on these two than the rest.

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Microsoft isn't much exclusive anymore. they are making Linux and mac based software too. so they wont be closing the gates like the apple does now a days. 

It depends - because they want to lure more people into buying the Xbox, they may make it a Microsoft exclusive. Due to the fact that most console players don't know how to/ can't afford a gaming PC, they'll settle for the Xbox - it would be an ingenious marketing strategy. Besides, the Elder Scrolls has lots of fans so that would be a smart move.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:40 AM, gordon said:

I wonder how this will affect their projects.

The exclusive games they have with Sony still stands because I suspect those were already set in stone long before the Xbox takeover so they have to honor that. Other games going forward will be a case by case basis so we'll see.

14 hours ago, Rekynnnanl said:

I think this is good news. Let's see how this will affect their projects in the future.

I'm surprised they haven't fired Todd "it just works" Howard as yet - He's one of the main reasons why Bethesda had to get bought out by Xbox. I think it's a good deal as well but Todd is a very dishonest guy.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, killamch89 said:

It depends - because they want to lure more people into buying the Xbox, they may make it a Microsoft exclusive. Due to the fact that most console players don't know how to/ can't afford a gaming PC, they'll settle for the Xbox - it would be an ingenious marketing strategy. Besides, the Elder Scrolls has lots of fans so that would be a smart move.

In that case this wont be any different than nintendo where they push device specific games or the accessories for specific games. I wont hold this against microsoft if we are not being criticial of other console makers.