Register Now
killamch89

Cyberpunk 2077 "leak" reveals plans for 10 free DLC expansions as well 3 paid ones

These recent leaks have revealed that CDPR may release 10 free DLC expansions along with 3 free ones. The timeline for the releases is unknown but a source located all this info. As to the credibility of it, we'll have to see. What are your thoughts on this?

I think that would be good business to give free DLC after everything considered. But first priority should be the fixes. See how that pans out. Because if they can't get it functional on all systems, then who will even want DLC anyways? And I hope the free DLC will be permanently free and not force everyone to download a broken game, then download a bunch of DLC and have it sit there for a year till its playable. Cause I probably won't download my game till Christmas and pretend it's a new gift. And I would want that free DLC then. If I miss out I will burn the game. 

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think that would be good business to give free DLC after everything considered. But first priority should be the fixes. See how that pans out. Because if they can't get it functional on all systems, then who will even want DLC anyways? And I hope the free DLC will be permanently free and not force everyone to download a broken game, then download a bunch of DLC and have it sit there for a year till its playable. Cause I probably won't download my game till Christmas and pretend it's a new gift. And I would want that free DLC then. If I miss out I will burn the game. 

After the backlash they received over Cyberpunk not working on consoles and with all the negative press, they probably won't try any shenanigans because that'd be adding even more fuel to the fire.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

It would be interesting to see how the franchise makes comeback. I have kind of lost hopes on they regaining the trust of community. 

This is their first infraction so the community may be willing to give them a second chance but they'd do well not pull something like this again or it's game over for them.

I think the great success of Witcher 3 is what is keeping CD Projekt Red afloat. They have the ability to make great games. But they just have poor business plans which made them rush the release. Speaking of good business, they got them free DLC's yet? I'm still looking forward to play the game, but patiently waiting. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think the great success of Witcher 3 is what is keeping CD Projekt Red afloat. They have the ability to make great games. But they just have poor business plans which made them rush the release. Speaking of good business, they got them free DLC's yet? I'm still looking forward to play the game, but patiently waiting. 

I'd give it until the end of the year because I highly doubt they'll be able to correct all the issues with console versions in that time. Not when they still have some major issues with the PC version.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is their first infraction so the community may be willing to give them a second chance but they'd do well not pull something like this again or it's game over for them.

Yeah that would be  something expected. if the the game comes back normal and also regular stuff goes on then that would be another thing to work around with as well. 

On 4/24/2021 at 6:59 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah that would be  something expected. if the the game comes back normal and also regular stuff goes on then that would be another thing to work around with as well. 

They can still recover from this but they need to stay out of the public eye for a while and continuously work in silence and just make a big announcement. They'll be alright.

Weird thing about the leaked content poster that his Reddit account is gone as far as I can tell. It was active a year ago as per an unrelated post, but his account has since then been vaporized. Perhaps this poster is legit and was worried about losing their job, so they deleted their account as a preventative measure. Leaks seems they not always going to come true in this matter.

Usually reddit being the company that bows down to the DMCA and other legal notices. I think that could be the case of lost account. I know many who leak movie stories before release and get their accounts locked. Reddit is full of those people.