Register Now
killamch89

What is Sony Doing?!

First it started with them moving their headquarters from Japan to California (mind you, they have better business protection laws in Japan). Them shutting down the PS3, PSVITA digital stores while Xbox is constantly adding more original Xbox titles to their backwards compatibility list and now the PlayStation devs are unhappy with Sony's obsession with Blockbusters. In recent years, I've noticed that Xbox are the ones making all the pro-consumer moves while Sony has started to move in the opposite direction. I was confident they would've won the console wars but with all the moves Xbox has been making, If Sony isn't careful, there may be no coming back for them if this keeps up. What are your thoughts?

Maybe Microsoft currently has a better business model, and of course we are going to see some changes with the new XBOX Microsoft transition. For me personally, I've got Microsoft under a microscope for any and all donations of their money to politics. Because even though they have backtracked on bad political decisions, still doesn't change that Microsoft once upon a time supported republicans in claiming election fraud. I can't forgive them right now. And in this country, this is who we are now where we judge corporations on where they stand with democracy since they want to donate to politicians. And I hope this won't take away from your topic; but just my thoughts as all. Microsoft currently has changed their stance on that issue, but let it be known is what I say. 

Sony has more competition now, so maybe they feel the need for some make or break moves. It's hard to tell in the early stages where both XBOX and Playstation came out with new consoles. 

The only way that we get new leadership, direction is if people refuse to buy the games. Talk with your wallets if you want to enact true change, regardless of whether the game is decent or not. I know it won’t happen more likely than not, but I’d like to at least put that energy out there.

Don’t complain and still support. Support only when they listen

9 hours ago, Empire said:

The only way that we get new leadership, direction is if people refuse to buy the games. Talk with your wallets if you want to enact true change, regardless of whether the game is decent or not. I know it won’t happen more likely than not, but I’d like to at least put that energy out there.

Don’t complain and still support. Support only when they listen

I agree - Talk with your wallets. I was looking forward to a PS5 later this year but I may just go Team Xbox after all.

I wonder if they are planning to reach more platforms with their top performing games. That could be one speculation. I think we are going to see how that goes meanwhile microsoft is slowly control the PC and the XBOX as two platforms in one stone. 

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder if they are planning to reach more platforms with their top performing games. That could be one speculation. I think we are going to see how that goes meanwhile microsoft is slowly control the PC and the XBOX as two platforms in one stone. 

I mean they do have PSNow but it's lacking a lot of features and games that the Xbox gamepass allows you to have. As a matter of fact, Geforce now is a better offering than PSnow currently.