Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you use scrolls in Skyrim?

I always have a lot of scroll clutter in Skyrim. I think I’ll use them, but I almost never do because they take so long to cast, and then you have to rearm. The Guardian Circle one is nice though. Do others use scrolls often, or find them inconvenient too?

Same here. I usually end up selling them. I almost never use any kind of one shot item or temporary combat ability in any game because they're bad things to rely on. If you can't, for example, defeat a certain enemy without having a load of such items/abilities on hand it's probably not wise to take that enemy on at all. Not to mention the first time you encounter said situation the odds are you won't have all those things you need on hand anyway.

Edited by Shagger

On 5/4/2021 at 9:48 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I always have a lot of scroll clutter in Skyrim. I think I’ll use them, but I almost never do because they take so long to cast, and then you have to rearm. The Guardian Circle one is nice though. Do others use scrolls often, or find them inconvenient too?

It's the same thing with me as seriously when it comes to having do many scroll clutter in Skyrim that all ends up not being relevant for me. Why do I even get more of them in the first place? 🙄 

If you play with Simple Magic Overhaul they are very useful in the early game because you start with negative magicka. Also using apocalypse, lost grimoire, etc finding master level scrolls is really good loot and can turn the tide of the next battle in your favour very easily.

Basically they only become useful if you have certain mods installed imo.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:59 PM, killamch89 said:

In modded Skyrim, Yes because they have good scroll mods that allow you to make scrolls from any spell in the game. In normal Skyrim, it's just too bothersome and clunky to use.

What's the best scroll mod that you have used in for magic spells in your play time with Skyrim? 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:11 AM, Heatman said:

What's the best scroll mod that you have used in for magic spells in your play time with Skyrim? 

There's one called Scrollscribe which does a very good job of incorporating modded spells. It also makes the scroll mechanics feel less clunky and makes it a viable playing style.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There's one called Scrollscribe which does a very good job of incorporating modded spells. It also makes the scroll mechanics feel less clunky and makes it a viable playing style.

What's your take on this top 10 best Skyrim mod?