Register Now
killamch89

Google Continue To Insist That Stadia Is "Alive And Well" Despite Many Employees Leaving

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Cloud gaming also requires a lot of better internet services which is kind of hard since the pandemic as nobody is out there to make fixes. 

That's not the only issue. Due to the fact that most people work from home nowadays, the internet tends to slow down quite a bit because of the amount of activity.

I think work is going to be there be it in and out of office from here onwards... the excessive use of the 720p based videos and the streaming of higher quality kind of reduces the internet usage of average users and the stadia like services being limited to rich people only due to that reasons.. 

On 6/1/2021 at 2:36 AM, skyfire said:

I think work is going to be there be it in and out of office from here onwards... the excessive use of the 720p based videos and the streaming of higher quality kind of reduces the internet usage of average users and the stadia like services being limited to rich people only due to that reasons.. 

All they did with Stadia is make a bunch of promises that they had no idea how they'd fulfill said promises so they deserve anything they get. Seriously, Stadia is one of the laziest attempts I've seen a tech company make in recent years.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder how other console makers and the amazon is going to struggle to gain the customers on same promises and the cloud gaming. 

I don't think they'll do that much better than Google because they've yet to bring forward a game that has the potential to be a hit. Most of the games they've been working on are generic money-leeching crapfest. In their current state, they can't compete with the others.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:33 AM, killamch89 said:

I don't think they'll do that much better than Google because they've yet to bring forward a game that has the potential to be a hit. Most of the games they've been working on are generic money-leeching crapfest. In their current state, they can't compete with the others.

We never know. Amazon has decent customers and also they have some rising numbers due to the twitch too. 

The main problem with Stadia is there just aren't enough games for it. They need to expand their games library, otherwise there is no point whatsoever in continuing to run the platform. No one wants to buy it if there isn't an expansive game library, there's just no point.

I don't think there's any reason to scrap it. It does seem like it could be a successful platform but they should work with more game developers and even make exclusive.

They cant really call it quits, but they will probably work it out with as many employed souls sacrificed as they need until someone cracks the code. They have the money and time, they are a huge company that can swallow everyone.

2 hours ago, Shole said:

They cant really call it quits, but they will probably work it out with as many employed souls sacrificed as they need until someone cracks the code. They have the money and time, they are a huge company that can swallow everyone.

The problem is they're in an industry where they aren't established as a gaming platform so it was always going to be an uphill battle for Google but the fact that Stadia flopped so hard, it'll be difficult for them to recover because there are far better platforms in the gaming industry offering a significantly better experience for far less. And wit how Google always handled failed projects, it's like to get canned by the end of next year.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The problem is they're in an industry where they aren't established as a gaming platform so it was always going to be an uphill battle for Google but the fact that Stadia flopped so hard, it'll be difficult for them to recover because there are far better platforms in the gaming industry offering a significantly better experience for far less. And wit how Google always handled failed projects, it's like to get canned by the end of next year.

Either canned or they might just change the name like some companies do lol. I think this time they will try to fix it as they want in on the Origin/Epic Store/ Steam business, although I don't see anyone beating steam.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, killamch89 said:

The biggest indicator of a "sinking ship" is when everyone starts to leave. It indicates that this project is not only a failure but a mass screw-up and the team don't believe it'll ever be successful.

Yeah, it was the final nail in the coffin ⚰ because once there were no more staff to represent a company's project, it's as good as dead.