Register Now
ZandraJoi

Dr. Mario

Another game from Nintendo back in the day. Same with Tetris, I was hooked on it. I remember playing it for hours, with breaks of course. Since there was no code generated to save where we left off, we had to keep it on. My husband & I both got to quite high of scores. 

Who has played this game? What newer game would be similar to Dr. Mario now? 

I played the Dr. Mario released on smartphones, but I fail to remember how similar it is to the original. Seems like a good "reverse Tetris," but not I don't think I could cope with the reduced time for placing blocks, or rather, antibiotics.

Oddly enough, with my hatred of tetris, I actually enjoy Dr. Mario a lot. I guess because it's different just enough. I still play it when I hook up my NES. Right now I have my SNES hooked up, but I'm planning to swap it out pretty quick. Either NES or N64. Haven't decided which yet.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's fun, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

Seriously, it's not really that fun in my opinion but I think it tried to be rated at least 6/10 based on my evaluation. What rating would you give it? 

Just now, The Blackangel said:

I couldn't give it anything higher than that. Actually, to be honest, I don't even think I would go that high.

Seriously, they need to do something to beef up the game but I think it's too late for that now. 

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Being that it was an NES game, it's about 35 years too late.

That's exactly my point. It's far too long for anything to happen and matter towards it because there are lots of games now that people are way addicted to. 

I never played the original Dr. Mario games so I have no idea how true the gameplay is to it's roots but I think they work for what they are. They throw plenty of new mechanics in there the farther you get so it doesn't get stale. It's cute to have a puzzle game that is filled with iconic Nintendo characters but that's all there really is to it.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:59 AM, Empire said:

I never played the original Dr. Mario games so I have no idea how true the gameplay is to it's roots but I think they work for what they are. They throw plenty of new mechanics in there the farther you get so it doesn't get stale. It's cute to have a puzzle game that is filled with iconic Nintendo characters but that's all there really is to it.

There is absolutely nothing to write home about the game. You didn't miss anything by not playing it seriously believe me.