Register Now
ZandraJoi

Surfing

I’ve watched some older movies recently & got me thinking about surfing. We have lakes here but we are far from the ocean. While we’ve travelled to Florida when I was younger, I never tried surfing. I always have wanted to try it. Don’t care to be good mind you, but just enough where I could actually stay on the board 🙂

Who has tried surfing? Do you consider yourself a beginner or advanced? How long have you been doing it? What started it for you?

On 8/18/2021 at 10:22 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I’ve watched some older movies recently & got me thinking about surfing. We have lakes here but we are far from the ocean. While we’ve travelled to Florida when I was younger, I never tried surfing. I always have wanted to try it. Don’t care to be good mind you, but just enough where I could actually stay on the board 🙂

Who has tried surfing? Do you consider yourself a beginner or advanced? How long have you been doing it? What started it for you?

Honestly, I've always wanted to try surfing but we just don't have big enough waves for that. I love watersports so I wouldn't mind learning to surf at all.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Sharon said:

So here's the thing... I don't know how to swim. lol So...no I've never tried surfing. However, I'm extremely impressed and love to watch people can surf!

I mean, you could just sign up for a swimming class - they're pretty affordable and it only takes a couple of weeks to a month at most before you get swimming down. Just make sure to know how much endurance you actually have as I've seen some people swim way out to sea and have no energy to swim back and have to be rescued.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:42 PM, killamch89 said:

I mean, you could just sign up for a swimming class - they're pretty affordable and it only takes a couple of weeks to a month at most before you get swimming down. Just make sure to know how much endurance you actually have as I've seen some people swim way out to sea and have no energy to swim back and have to be rescued.

You could sign up for swimming classes. It's a great skill to have. 
I have done that with lakes before paddle-boarding. I have gotten back eventually. 
--
I had always dreamed of surfing. However I am deathly afraid of waves. I did muster up the courage and tried it a couple of years ago for an hour. I did make it all the way standing back to shore. After that I was happy I did it and have not been interested in trying again.