Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Well, that's that- AC Valhalla all my save files got corrupted

It's gonna take a couple days to download the latest update and I reinstalled it. I am rebuilding the database in the ps4. But I had like 10 saves on it and all are corrupted. I'll wait till the update is installed and try again. I have the save files saved on a few different drives so I'm not worried. But damn. Aint this a bitch

I seem to be ok. I've got to start at a save where I lost 15 hours of play, but that's no big deal. I lost some tattoos that I liked that you can't get from the store, it was from an event. But we will see how it goes. Best thing to do is save everything before and after every event and periodically. It happened right after the summer event ended. I don't know if that had something to do with it because you update the game before big events like that and maybe it was a bad update. But all save files? Damn. Sounds like some Cyberpunk shit. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:30 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I seem to be ok. I've got to start at a save where I lost 15 hours of play, but that's no big deal. I lost some tattoos that I liked that you can't get from the store, it was from an event. But we will see how it goes. Best thing to do is save everything before and after every event and periodically. It happened right after the summer event ended. I don't know if that had something to do with it because you update the game before big events like that and maybe it was a bad update. But all save files? Damn. Sounds like some Cyberpunk shit. 

Just for reference, do you have Valhalla on the PS3 or PS4?

26 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Do you by chance know what led to the files getting corrupted? Seriously, I'm very aware that this is going to be very disappointing and frustrating for you. 

It happened right after a big community event and an update. The update was needed for the community event. I remember accessing the Ubisoft store to get a free Altair outfit that wasn't even related to the event, and it froze on me and wouldn't let me get back to the main menu so I closed the whole application. After that, I started it back up and the map stopped showing up.

And when I play other games the system itself was running super slow. It would take a minute to respond to just hitting the arrow button. And the Valhalla saves said corrupted. Then right after, my system's hard drive failed. So I don't know if it was two completely different bad shit luck that happened back to back. But I'm pretty disappointed in my gaming status right now and I'm just not gonna spend any more money on gaming for a while. I'm just gonna finish the games I do have till my backup console breaks down too. 

11 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It happened right after a big community event and an update. The update was needed for the community event. I remember accessing the Ubisoft store to get a free Altair outfit that wasn't even related to the event, and it froze on me and wouldn't let me get back to the main menu so I closed the whole application. After that, I started it back up and the map stopped showing up.

And when I play other games the system itself was running super slow. It would take a minute to respond to just hitting the arrow button. And the Valhalla saves said corrupted. Then right after, my system's hard drive failed. So I don't know if it was two completely different bad shit luck that happened back to back. But I'm pretty disappointed in my gaming status right now and I'm just not gonna spend any more money on gaming for a while. I'm just gonna finish the games I do have till my backup console breaks down too. 

Seriously, even reading this was very painful for me to swallow and I can imagine what it would have made you feel for all those lost hours of progress that can never be retrieved.

It seems Ubisoft was listening because there was just a new update that fixes 'Data Corrupt' error on saves. Guess I wasn't the only one. But all this reinforces my belief to never buy new games ever again. I'll wait a couple years when everything is fixed with included DLC. I don't need BS in my gaming experience. 

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It seems Ubisoft was listening because there was just a new update that fixes 'Data Corrupt' error on saves. Guess I wasn't the only one. But all this reinforces my belief to never buy new games ever again. I'll wait a couple years when everything is fixed with included DLC. I don't need BS in my gaming experience. 

Seriously - I believe that it's actually very difficult for a lot of people to wait the games out and it's why they buy immediately only to get fucked in the end. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:49 AM, Head_Hunter said:

It's kinda frustrating to lose your installed games stored in a database due to corrupt files. It has happened to me once when I was using PS3 console, all my games installed all got corrupted when I mistakenly off my PS3 console during reboot. 

Damn - That's really going to be very frustrating and difficult to swallow with the number of games and data loss in the process. 

On 9/20/2021 at 1:02 PM, Heatman said:

Damn - That's really going to be very frustrating and difficult to swallow with the number of games and data loss in the process. 

It's devastating buddy, to experience corrupt data when you've spent whole lots of funds simply installing the games and saving them there.

58 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's devastating buddy, to experience corrupt data when you've spent whole lots of funds simply installing the games and saving them there.

Seriously - I actually know first hand how it feels when you lose data that can't be recovered no matter what you do when my 128 GB memory card for my smartphone got corrupted and I lost every damn file I had saved on it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - I actually know first hand how it feels when you lose data that can't be recovered no matter what you do when my 128 GB memory card for my smartphone got corrupted and I lost every damn file I had saved on it. 

That's a pity too to you, that you lost your saved files on a 128 GB memory card that got corrupted. It brings sad feelings especially when you have amazing files stored inside.