Register Now
StaceyPowers

Study: Video games may lower depression risk

15 hours ago, Jayson said:

Critics of video games say kids aren't getting enough exercise. Of course, no exercise might be a major culprit in depression and other health problems.  Anyway, I'm not to the extreme to get rid of games, but kids need to get into physical activity.

Yeah, of course, gaming is fun - so would eliminate depression to various degrees.

I do get the point that you're trying to make which is that they need to go out door and explore other options for having fun and not get cooked up in doors playing only video games. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

I do get the point that you're trying to make which is that they need to go out door and explore other options for having fun and not get cooked up in doors playing only video games. 

Seriously, the one thing that I can very much easily attest to that's associated to kids playing video games too much is that it makes them more of an introverts. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, the one thing that I can very much easily attest to that's associated to kids playing video games too much is that it makes them more of an introverts. 

When you hardly associate with people outdoor and always in door at home, you're definitely turning into an introvert. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

When you hardly associate with people outdoor and always in door at home, you're definitely turning into an introvert. 

Social media is actually another factor that turns a lot of people into being an introvert when they are cooked up in their house being on social media than going outside and associate with people in real life.

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Living full-time indoor life makes you turn automatic introvert person. That's why it's necessary at times to move outside and express or associate ourselves with others to share discussions in order to reduce the spirit of inferiority complex. 

It's even why it's stressed that getting a good out door exercise at least twice in a week is very important because it helps you to maintain healthy stance. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's even why it's stressed that getting a good out door exercise at least twice in a week is very important because it helps you to maintain healthy stance. 

Without weekly routine exercises, I wouldn't know how my life would've been this day. Because I'm mostly indoors, so, I use such exercise to keep fit and shake off fatigue. 

On 11/24/2021 at 9:22 PM, Justin11 said:

Without weekly routine exercises, I wouldn't know how my life would've been this day. Because I'm mostly indoors, so, I use such exercise to keep fit and shake off fatigue. 

It's very important in one's life to exercise once in a while. So, as much as you play games, it's very necessary to go out and burn fat. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

My brother used to be a chronic introvert some years back, we had to do everything humanly possible to help and change that poor and sad personality of his. 

What were the things you guys did exactly to help him change from that personality of being an introvert? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's very important in one's life to exercise once in a while. So, as much as you play games, it's very necessary to go out and burn fat. 

That's it bro. Due to the excessive indoors one is facing engaging online, doing some weekend routine exercises is worthwhile to raise the deadlegs up. 

On 11/26/2021 at 12:01 AM, Justin11 said:

That's it bro. Due to the excessive indoors one is facing engaging online, doing some weekend routine exercises is worthwhile to raise the deadlegs up. 

Someone can actually get depressed by being locked up  indoors and I find out about these during the time a lot of people were in doors locked up during the time of coronavirus lockdown, so it is why it is very important to get out of the house once in a while and mingle with people outside in order to solve the problem of being depressed all of a sudden.

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Someone can actually get depressed by being locked up  indoors and I find out about these during the time a lot of people were in doors locked up during the time of coronavirus lockdown, so it is why it is very important to get out of the house once in a while and mingle with people outside in order to solve the problem of being depressed all of a sudden.

That's true, because when you stay too indoors doing nothing you'll definitely feel depressed she that's the case with locked down. I felt it back then, but video games and my phone accessing the internet helped me eased the pressure. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

At least three of my friends that are living in UK all suffered from depression as a result of the lockdown during the pandemic of Corona virus. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

At least three of my friends that are living in UK all suffered from depression as a result of the lockdown during the pandemic of Corona virus. 

That's really bad. I hope they are working on getting better after the lockdown has been lifted a little bit?