Register Now
StaceyPowers

Study: Video games may lower depression risk

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Whenever I feel very sad, when I remember my video games installed via my PC and PS4 it gives me enough enthusiasm to be happy. 

It's playing those my favorite games and listening to its incredible soundtracks that lifts my mood and spirit. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's playing those my favorite games and listening to its incredible soundtracks that lifts my mood and spirit. 

Surely when you're having playing time around the games on your dream and the console on your dream you'll always feel amused playing. 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Surely when you're having playing time around the games on your dream and the console on your dream you'll always feel amused playing. 

It's a form of therapy in my opinion because when it's something that can pull you out from a tight spot, it's definitely worth the praise. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's a form of therapy in my opinion because when it's something that can pull you out from a tight spot, it's definitely worth the praise. 

You're correct. It makes one forget about the shortcomings, negative effects that pulls through. That's why life is worthwhile due to all this entertainment gadgets that includes gaming. 

20 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're correct. It makes one forget about the shortcomings, negative effects that pulls through. That's why life is worthwhile due to all this entertainment gadgets that includes gaming. 

I have good reasons to believe that when video games are used as a therapy, depending on what they are trying to achieve with it would determine the kind of games used. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have good reasons to believe that when video games are used as a therapy, depending on what they are trying to achieve with it would determine the kind of games used. 

That's it. They are means of entertainment therapy, and their existence have solved lots things, especially those feeling depressed due to life challenges. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's it. They are means of entertainment therapy, and their existence have solved lots things, especially those feeling depressed due to life challenges. 

Correction therapy I may say because they are targeted at correcting somethings that's wrong with an individual. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Correction therapy I may say because they are targeted at correcting somethings that's wrong with an individual. 

Yes, that's what it is. With such tool, the government can deploy health practitionist to use the tool to discover and correct an individual suffering from depression. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, that's what it is. With such tool, the government can deploy health practitionist to use the tool to discover and correct an individual suffering from depression. 

Seriously, those gamers in such situations re need all the help they can get and it's a good thing that some games with the help of doctors can find a way to aid them. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, those gamers in such situations re need all the help they can get and it's a good thing that some games with the help of doctors can find a way to aid them. 

Yes of course, with the help of video games, and a doctor they can scare through the challenges that comes from depression. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes of course, with the help of video games, and a doctor they can scare through the challenges that comes from depression. 

Although, I'm very sure that it's not all doctors that are open to making use of games to correct some health issues. It's most likely only embraced by psychologists. 

On 11/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, Boblee said:

Once something makes you very happy, it's definitely going to be very effective in making you put away all thoughts of being depressed. 

On 11/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, Boblee said:

Although, I'm very sure that it's not all doctors that are open to making use of games to correct some health issues. It's most likely only embraced by psychologists. 

You aren't wrong, the doctors aren't the only people who settles the issues of depression, that reads through the mind and ascertain what's going through the mind's of the purturbed individual. The psychologists are part of the discovery.