Register Now
StaceyPowers

Study: Video games may lower depression risk

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

I had seen a practical example of this. One of my well known friend had tried to commit suicide due to some depression, it was around 2013-14. But somehow he survived. Last year I met him and asked him how he take care of his depression, he said he plays games every time when he feels depressed. It helps him to get out of depression and get lost into the The fantasy realm.

That's quite interesting and I'm very sure that he didn't think it up by himself, it's most likely going to be recommended by a doctor. They have have embraced gaming therapy for a while now.

6 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I had seen a practical example of this. One of my well known friend had tried to commit suicide due to some depression, it was around 2013-14. But somehow he survived. Last year I met him and asked him how he take care of his depression, he said he plays games every time when he feels depressed. It helps him to get out of depression and get lost into the The fantasy realm.

That's very emotional to hear, the story is touching indeed. I think without gaming, maybe depression could've taking me down due to thinking of being locked up like a prisoner due to covid19 effects. 

On 10/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, Justin11 said:

That's very emotional to hear, the story is touching indeed. I think without gaming, maybe depression could've taking me down due to thinking of being locked up like a prisoner due to covid19 effects. 

A lot of people were helped out of the feeling of being depressed with their games that have them the opportunity to drift into other world away from their confinement. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

A lot of people were helped out of the feeling of being depressed with their games that have them the opportunity to drift into other world away from their confinement. 

Yes, video games really helped lots of people in the world especially in this era of covid19 to go away from depression that comes from the covid19 break out. 

On 10/31/2021 at 8:04 AM, Justin11 said:

Yes, video games really helped lots of people in the world especially in this era of covid19 to go away from depression that comes from the covid19 break out. 

When people are cut off from their usual lifestyle, it affects them both physically, emotionally, mentally and psychologically. It's why the lockdown caused a lot of depression for most people. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

When people are cut off from their usual lifestyle, it affects them both physically, emotionally, mentally and psychologically. It's why the lockdown caused a lot of depression for most people. 

Yes, that's what's happening now. The covid19 pandemic have restricted peoples movement, making lots of unwanted things to occur, like 'suicide. Gaming have helped me to stay calm and deal with depression. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, that's what's happening now. The covid19 pandemic have restricted peoples movement, making lots of unwanted things to occur, like 'suicide. Gaming have helped me to stay calm and deal with depression. 

I think any mode of entertainment, which helps to deviate our mind from the frustration of the real life, should be explored. I do like playing games while I am bored, or listening to songs, when watching movies. These are my favourite pastimes.

1 minute ago, Razor1911 said:

I think any mode of entertainment, which helps to deviate our mind from the frustration of the real life, should be explored. I do like playing games while I am bored, or listening to songs, when watching movies. These are my favourite pastimes.

That's interesting to hear you mention those entertainments as your favourite hobbies. I love music and gaming, their two goes together too. 

Edited by Justin11

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Exactly, the human mind can drift away from reality so easily when it's not comfortable of its situation. It's why when the pressure of the mind is too much, they tend to cave in. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, the human mind can drift away from reality so easily when it's not comfortable of its situation. It's why when the pressure of the mind is too much, they tend to cave in. 

Yes, and we shouldn't allow the mind to be carried away with intoxicated thoughts all the time, that's where psychological stress comes in to cause us harm. 

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, it's how some games are designed to make games have some sort of relief 😌 whenever they are playing. If they are sad playing, they will be happy.