Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you ever find the level of detail in modern games overwhelming?

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sometimes, it does really capture your attention and leave you in awe. I wouldn't say distracting per say - it's more like I'm amazed.

Most of the time I love reading the stories on the game, the dialogue. Without the story mode I wouldn't think gaming will make sense. 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, Justin11 said:

Most of the time I love reading the stories on the game, the dialogue. Without the story mode I wouldn't think gaming will make sense. 

True - but I think the graphical detail of modern games is amazing compared to when I was growing up.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:38 PM, killamch89 said:

True - but I think the graphical detail of modern games is amazing compared to when I was growing up.

Yeah, things have changed from the previous to modern. That's why new Generation will always come with more advancement, such isn't an exemption in video games. Graphics, gameplay have improved to more realistic option this time than 1990s and early 2000s games. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Overwhelming? More like awe struck. But that is the reason I'm playing TLOU 2 a second time. The first time I was amazed by the environment, and the second time I am story oriented and more ballsy action. 

I agree - I'm amazed how far video games have come in terms of detail because what we call garbage nowadays would be revolutionary a decade ago.