Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you ever have the sense of an out of body experience while gaming?

Do you ever have a weird out-of-body moment when gaming? It’s hard to explain what I mean. Like, you might be playing in third person, and momentarily, forget that the body on the screen is not your real body, and then have a fleeting sense you are outside of yourself.

I'm getting some strong feelings not quite out of body, but deep entrenched while playing GTA 5 whenever I'm driving and listening to music and the scenery just looks so damn real!!! And I've been to California a bunch of times and lived out west USA so the scenery looks very familiar to me and a bit nostalgic. They did an excellent job. Even the stoplights are realistic. If only the vehicle had blinkers when you turn. 

18 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm getting some strong feelings not quite out of body, but deep entrenched while playing GTA 5 whenever I'm driving and listening to music and the scenery just looks so damn real!!! And I've been to California a bunch of times and lived out west USA so the scenery looks very familiar to me and a bit nostalgic. They did an excellent job. Even the stoplights are realistic. If only the vehicle had blinkers when you turn. 

That's what I told you the first time you mentioned you started playing GTA V. I did mention that it was mainly based on California - in particular, Los Angeles.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's what I told you the first time you mentioned you started playing GTA V. I did mention that it was mainly based on California - in particular, Los Angeles.

Of course it is and you are right. But associating L.A. with gangs is not anything unique. The scenery is unique to that area, but gangs can be anywhere. There is a certain feel to the scenery that they really got spot on in the game.

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Of course it is and you are right. But associating L.A. with gangs is not anything unique. The scenery is unique to that area, but gangs can be anywhere. There is a certain feel to the scenery that they really got spot on in the game.

Yeah, they certainly did a lot of research on LA and really replicated the culture.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

GTA 5 Vice city is centred around Los Angeles 'California. The developers being 'Rockstar did amazingly to recapture the premises of the city to make the game realistic indeed. 

Actually Vice City is based around Florida - particularly Miami along the Miami beach stretch. Also, GTA V is a completely different game than Vice City with Vice City coming earlier in the series.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Actually Vice City is based around Florida - particularly Miami along the Miami beach stretch. Also, GTA V is a completely different game than Vice City with Vice City coming earlier in the series.

You're very much experience in GTA series. You speak like one coming from United States of America. Are you from there? Because you acknowledged the district in which the vice city GTA was performed.